• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Bidder ID's Anymore in Ebay Displays?

49 posts in this topic

Recently, I noticed that I can no longer view the current "Bidder IDs" in any of My Ebay displays. I checked Display Preferences and its not there either.

Did anyone else notice this?

Does this have something to do with the recent policy changes Ebay made regarding private bidders?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Odd… I like seeing the bidder IDs.

I store ebay info on certain books (by copying and pasting the ebay pages into a draft). It was an easy way to track the specifics of that auction along with the winning bidder for future reference. Without being able to view the Bidder ID in the view, I miss an important bit of info and that tracking process becomes more time consuming.

I've considered it may be a "new" ebay policy regarding privacy, but you can see the winning bidder ID by going one step further… so I'm confused.

It looks like they got rid of searching for auctions by bidder, too. The search by bidder function still works, but the engine won't search past 11/10. i.e.: Let's say I enter Greggy, it'll only show me what he's bid on up to 11/10, even if he's got bids in on an auction today.

I wonder if its been redesigned to stop 1 day prior to the current or if it won't search past 11/10 permanently.

Can Anyone SEE the Bidder IDs in any of their ebay Views?

Nope. There have been some privacy laws implemented (at least as far as ebay U.S. is concerned). If you do a search by bidder it now only shows auctions they have won, and not the auctions they merely bidded on (and lost).

It looks like they got rid of searching for auctions by bidder, too. The search by bidder function still works, but the engine won't search past 11/10. i.e.: Let's say I enter Greggy, it'll only show me what he's bid on up to 11/10, even if he's got bids in on an auction today.

I wonder if its been redesigned to stop 1 day prior to the current or if it won't search past 11/10 permanently.

Stop trolling my bids 893naughty-thumb.gif

Nope. There have been some privacy laws implemented (at least as far as ebay U.S. is concerned). If you do a search by bidder it now only shows auctions they have won, and not the auctions they merely bidded on (and lost).

Damn it, I used that feature a lot....good to suss out shifty bidders...

everything is thumbsup2.gif on ebay.fr, you can see everything

If I use ebay.be I can see the 29 auctions Greggy bid on between october 2nd and the ones he placed today (he won or is winning 90% of them gossip.gif)

If I use ebay.be I can see the 29 auctions Greggy bid on between october 2nd and the ones he placed today (he won or is winning 90% of them gossip.gif)

popcorn.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thank God for Ebay Belgium! Now I can study Greggy's every move again! yay.gif

gossip.gif I've never trolled Greggy's bids before; he was just the first board name that came to mind when I attempted my experiment.