• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No Bidder ID's Anymore in Ebay Displays?

49 posts in this topic

It looks like they got rid of searching for auctions by bidder, too. The search by bidder function still works, but the engine won't search past 11/10. i.e.: Let's say I enter Greggy, it'll only show me what he's bid on up to 11/10, even if he's got bids in on an auction today.

I wonder if its been redesigned to stop 1 day prior to the current or if it won't search past 11/10 permanently.

Stop trolling my bids 893naughty-thumb.gif

If I use ebay.be I can see the 29 auctions Greggy bid on between october 2nd and the ones he placed today (he won or is winning 90% of them gossip.gif)

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thank God for Ebay Belgium! Now I can study Greggy's every move again! yay.gif

gossip.gif I've never trolled Greggy's bids before; he was just the first board name that came to mind when I attempted my experiment.

Pizz off, Salem boy

It looks like they got rid of searching for auctions by bidder, too. The search by bidder function still works, but the engine won't search past 11/10. i.e.: Let's say I enter Greggy, it'll only show me what he's bid on up to 11/10, even if he's got bids in on an auction today.

I wonder if its been redesigned to stop 1 day prior to the current or if it won't search past 11/10 permanently.

If I use ebay.be I can see the 29 auctions Greggy bid on between october 2nd and the ones he placed today (he won or is winning 90% of them gossip.gif)

Christo_pull_hair.gif

Thank God for Ebay Belgium! Now I can study Greggy's every move again! yay.gif

gossip.gif I've never trolled Greggy's bids before; he was just the first board name that came to mind when I attempted my experiment.

Pizz off, Salem boy

893whatthe.gif

I can still view what he purchased/bid over the last month confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, but you won't get anything past 11/10/2006. I'm watching an FF 71 right now. It has 7 bids, several by "joechill." If I search by bidder, I get "joechill"'s bidding from the past month only up to yesterday. It doesn't show the FF 71 he's put several bids on today.

I can still view what he purchased/bid over the last month confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, but you won't get anything past 11/10/2006. I'm watching an FF 71 right now. It has 7 bids, several by "joechill." If I search by bidder, I get "joechill"'s bidding from the past month only up to yesterday. It doesn't show the FF 71 he's put several bids on today.

if you're worried about "joechill", don't be - he's bought a bunch of books from me.

I just popped into this thread, but it seems to me yet another opportunity for EBay to shield shill bid scammers, and lower "potential buyer distrust" by hiding yet another flaw in an already-fatally flawed system.

If I'm a seller who regularly shill bids, I'm cheering right now. headbang.gif

In fact, I can't see any reason (other than honesty) for not shill bidding every one of your auctions - no one could ever trace or catch you now.

I just popped into this thread, but it seems to me yet another opportunity for EBay to shield shill bid scammers, and lower "potential buyer distrust" by hiding yet another flaw in an already-fatally flawed system.

In fact, I can't see any reason (other than honesty) for not shill bidding every one of your auctions - no one could ever trace or catch you now.

Comic Keys Who?

confused-smiley-013.gif

Damn Shills!

frustrated.gifboo.gifsumo.gif

popcorn.gif

I can see all of Greggy's bids too confused-smiley-013.gif

Welcome Back John

Don't use the search engine.

Just go to your My Ebay homepage. Look at items you've both bid on and are watching. Do you see the Bidders ID in the listings? They used to be there.

They will show up on items you bid on and lost though.

Hey Bruce,

Read this announcement regarding some changes being made to eBay Motors. It looks like they are implementing some of these to regular eBay as well. I wonder if we will see this full change in the near future?

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200611021302372.html

In My eBay, members will no longer have access to the high-bidder column from bid and watch tables