• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Journey into Mystery 112

19 posts in this topic

Sorry to bring this down to 7.5-8.0 but there are one to many spine nicks + small edgewear + slight fogging to be an 8.5 to me.

However, this is one of my favourite silver age books of all time, and I would be so lucky to have such a fine example of it.

Artboy99

most of the roughness around the edges seems to be on the interior pages which protrude ever-so-slightly. there are a few spine nicks and the top edge is a wee bit rough with the horizontal crease in the logo box the worst of it. i've owned two similar copies of this book and would guess this one would be right around 8.5.

the big scans do tend to exaggerate the defects..............

most of the roughness around the edges seems to be on the interior pages which protrude ever-so-slightly. there are a few spine nicks and the top edge is a wee bit rough with the horizontal crease in the logo box the worst of it. i've owned two similar copies of this book and would guess this one would be right around 8.5.

the big scans do tend to exaggerate the defects..............

I am also an extremely tough grader.

In hand I am willing to bet it is a higher grade.

Artboy99

So are some of these sweet books you posted scheduled for Ebay?

popcorn.gif

No, I'm afraid not. I'm trying to sell just the books that I know I can easily replace someday when my house repairs are done. I've had these books for a while and was just curious what the board members thought of them. In particular I was curious how you guys would grade the two Batman 189's I posted, but I've only gotten a couple grades for them so far. The ebay auctions are starting Thursday night. I think they are all starting at $9.99 or less. The Comic Gestapo (my girlfriend) set up all the auctions. Not even sure what books. There's a Spidey 101 and a few other Spideys.