• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars 1 35 cent variant CGC 9.2 on eBay

109 posts in this topic

bump...

I wish I'd posted the buyer of the 9.2's ebay ID. I know it wasn't baddtiming/ matt@napahomes, but yet here-

Star Wars .35 cent Variants CGC Best!

he lists his "new label" 9.2 as 1 of 1 in that grade. I've got a question into him asking if it's indeed the same book. If it is, what on Earth could his reserve be for this auction? This book sold for 3600+ in July, he had to buy it from someone else, presumably for a premium and now he wants to flip it? Are we looking at a reserve base of $5000 for just the #1? I wish they had a fainting graemlin....

Since your here, I'd like to thank you for your GREAT comic blog....I find myself reading it more and more thumbsup2.gif I wish there were more.............

acclaim.gif

Thanks.

I'm glad I came on here today. That's the third time someone's said something nice about my blog. It's good to know it's appreciated.

$7,600.00 and the reserve not met yet!!!!!!!! I guess there is still 3 days left.

.......Oh and did I mention the top bidder has zero feedback 893whatthe.gif

Somebody better break the news to Light that the 20K he had planned on budgeting to reaquire the complete 35 cent variant group may not be enough! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

acclaim.gif

Thanks.

I'm glad I came on here today. That's the third time someone's said something nice about my blog. It's good to know it's appreciated.

Seriously Rob, I am sure I have mentioned it before, but your blog is the best! My daily comic fix! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Since your here, I'd like to thank you for your GREAT comic blog....I find myself reading it more and more thumbsup2.gif I wish there were more.............

acclaim.gif

Thanks.

I just checked it out. Very cool! thumbsup2.gif

$7,600.00 and the reserve not met yet!!!!!!!! I guess there is still 3 days left.

Somebody better break the news to Light that the 20K he had planned on budgeting to reaquire the complete 35 cent variant group may not be enough! 893whatthe.gifinsane.gif

Hey, now. He can always get lucky and pick them up for $3 a piece from a unwitting dealer, the way I got my copies of #'s 2 and 4. wink.gif

Hey, now. He can always get lucky and pick them up for $3 a piece from a unwitting dealer, the way I got my copies of #'s 2 and 4. wink.gif

According to some board members, you are a theif and need to go back and give that poor unwitting dealer some serious coinage.

According to some board members, you are a theif and need to go back and give that poor unwitting dealer some serious coinage.

grin.gifC'mon, I thought it was OK to rip off dealers as much as you wanted-they're supposed to be the experts. It's the small children, widows and pensioneers you gotta pay full price to.

Wow, up to $8100 now...pretty amazing, but it IS the highest graded book in the census, and there are some major Star Wars fans out there.

I've never understood the appeal of this book, but I've watched it increase steadily increase the price guide since the late 70s. It must be fairly "rare" for there to be so few graded copies and for the lone 9.2 to be the highest.

Wow, up to $8100 now...pretty amazing, but it IS the highest graded book in the census, and there are some major Star Wars fans out there.

I've never understood the appeal of this book, but I've watched it increase steadily increase the price guide since the late 70s. It must be fairly "rare" for there to be so few graded copies and for the lone 9.2 to be the highest.

It's one of the more common 35-centers I believe, but relative to the rest of the 35-centers, the price is driven by the demand rather than the supply. This books has crossover-collectible appeal (Star Wars collectors like this book), and there are many more people looking for Star Wars #1 (which pre-dates the movie by the way!), than say, Powerman #x.