• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie Questions regarding Comic Link

10 posts in this topic

I apologize if there is a post about this already, but I was unable to locate anything on the topic.

Questions

--------------

1) What is the commission structure? (Does the buyer paying anything over and above the bid price?)

2) What are the shipping costs like?

3) What's Comic Link's grading like?

Thanks in advance,

1) Not per se, but they do charge an illegal (semantics notwithstanding) surcharge of 3% if you pay by credit card.

2) Standard is $14 for up to 3 books. I suppose ok if they are 3 CGC books, but ridiculous for 3 raw....

There is more to their shipping fee structure (i.e. more books, faster delivery, etc), but I'm not familiar with it. The information should be on their web site.

3) To my experience their grading on raw books is not very good. I bought 3 JIMS/Thor from them and all were 1.0 to 1.5 points overgraded....

To be fair, previously I had bought a Silver Surfer that was on the money....

Hope this helps. thumbsup2.gif

Not until you begin the checkout process are you informed that a credit card payment (as opposed to cash) will cost you a "buyer's fee" of 3%. Shipping costs are also revealed during the checkout process. Should this be communicated before making a commitment to buy? You decide. confused-smiley-013.gif

foreheadslap.gif I suffered the suprise of hidden costs when I bought from Pedigree earlier in the year. Would I make the purchase again? Probably, I needed the issues to plug holes in my collection. The prices should be clearly listed before hand, and at almost all the sights similar to this one, it isn't. Oh well... Good times!

yay.gif Chris

1) Not per se, but they do charge an illegal (semantics notwithstanding) surcharge of 3% if you pay by credit card.

2) Standard is $14 for up to 3 books. I suppose ok if they are 3 CGC books, but ridiculous for 3 raw....

There is more to their shipping fee structure (i.e. more books, faster delivery, etc), but I'm not familiar with it. The information should be on their web site.

3) To my experience their grading on raw books is not very good. I bought 3 JIMS/Thor from them and all were 1.0 to 1.5 points overgraded....

You have to recognize that many raw books listed have grades assigned by the seller, not CL. CL then reviews the grade once books are shipped to them, and will call you, offering you the chance to back out, if they feel the book was overgraded or has undisclosed resto. They have called me twice on the 6 occasions I bought something raw. For books they have in hand, they sometimes (not sure if always) note "CL graded". I personally I think their grading ranks among the best, based on those raw books I've bought, and when I compare my grade based on scans to their grade. You don't see alot of people posting links to CL raw books and saying "WTF is up with this grade?" like they do with Heritage and others.

Plus they have a return policy on any raw book purchased.

CL has some shortcomings, but grading is not one of them.

You have to recognize that many raw books listed have grades assigned by the seller, not CL. CL then reviews the grade once books are shipped to them, and will call you, offering you the chance to back out, if they feel the book was overgraded or has undisclosed resto. They have called me twice on the 6 occasions I bought something raw. For books they have in hand, they sometimes (not sure if always) note "CL graded". I personally I think their grading ranks among the best, based on those raw books I've bought, and when I compare my grade based on scans to their grade. You don't see alot of people posting links to CL raw books and saying "WTF is up with this grade?" like they do with Heritage and others.

Agreed thumbsup2.gif

I have only had one experience with them, but that one went smoothly and with no disaapointments (just dont email them, call them. It takes them three weeks to answer their mails insane.gif

Well, that was not my experience with them regarding the three JIM/Thors. They certainly never called me once the books were in hand to say "whoa, these are overgraded"..... confused-smiley-013.gif

forget them just shop with PGC Mint or harley yee or Heritage Comics Auctions or Metropolis (there are MANY great comic dealers but that was on the top of my head) OH YES COMIC HEAVEN!!!