• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giant Size Marvel Ghost Rider

11 posts in this topic

Any rhyme or reason why there was no Ghost Rider Giant Size. Most of the superheroes were represented and the random Fear characters had Giant Sizer's like Werewolf and Dracula.

Warlock is also absent, but Ghost Rider and a significant line that I would think be represented.

Any rhyme or reason why there was no Ghost Rider Giant Size. Most of the superheroes were represented and the random Fear characters had Giant Sizer's like Werewolf and Dracula.

Warlock is also absent, but Ghost Rider and a significant line that I would think be represented.

Well my first thought was...that they were having a hard enough time writing bad stories for the regular GR series. And I mean that in a respectful way, because I liked most of the stories. But then I think about those bad Man-Thing and Werewolf Giant-Sizeds and realize that quality wasn't necesarily a consideration. So I'm back to saying.... confused-smiley-013.gif

Well my first thought was...that they were having a hard enough time writing bad stories for the regular GR series.

Pretty well, not to mention GR wasn't exactly a hot-seller back then, and was mostly looked on with disdain by every collector/reader I knew.

Well my first thought was...that they were having a hard enough time writing bad stories for the regular GR series.

Pretty well, not to mention GR wasn't exactly a hot-seller back then, and was mostly looked on with disdain by every collector/reader I knew.

Tell me about it. I kept putting off picking up Ghost Rider and then suddenly the new one came along and prices shot up. So, I ended up paying premium prices for a book that really is one of the weakest titles I have read.

Some early Ploog art, some always great Gil Kane covers, and one true gem in "Deathrace" (# 35?) by Starlin are about all it had going for it.

Actually my favorite Ghost Rider comic is his appearence as part of the "Legion of Monsters" from Marvel Premiere # 28.

I’ve always thought the character Idea was cool. I mean what’s better then a dude riding a bike with a skull for a head. But the art and stories never did him justice. Although I do like the cover of MS 5

I loved the Starlin book and enjoyed many a Perlin as well. Got a great gift this year from Mr. Perlin as birthday present.(I have some relatives who are good friends with him.) Best present I have gotten in years.

ghostrider.jpg

I’ve always thought the character Idea was cool. I mean what’s better then a dude riding a bike with a skull for a head. But the art and stories never did him justice. Although I do like the cover of MS 5

I loved the Starlin book and enjoyed many a Perlin as well. Got a great gift this year from Mr. Perlin as birthday present.(I have some relatives who are good friends with him.) Best present I have gotten in years.

ghostrider.jpg

For those of you that never liked Don Perlin's Ghost Rider....you have to love this one.

Congrats. 893applaud-thumb.gif

there was a ghost rider giant size from marvel. It was just an ashcan though and gary calobuono owns it and all the art (j/k) Hey Gary can i get some scans of your ashcans? pm me please, i have the cage ones but forget the set entirety.