• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kudos to Steve Borock for hosting an awesome Forum Dinner!!!

30 posts in this topic

Did anyone else experiance this problem?

I arrived at Penn Station at about 7:45,and went to take the #1 train up to Lincoln Centre.Waited,and waited and waited.At 8:37,they finally made an announcement that there was no service from Times Square to Chambers St.

By the time I got out of the subway and onto the street,it was 8:45.Not a cab in sight. Reluctantly,I called it a nite and headed off to Queens.

I was really looking forward to it,I'm sorry I missed it.

To the folks that I was either picking stuff up from,or bringing them things-I apologize and will be PMing you shortly.

sorry we missed you, Bill..........

i had a somewhat similar experience. left the Con early to catch the second half of the Mich/OSU game. went to the Tupelo grill right on 33d and 8th ave. never evn looked at the clock until the game was over and was shocked that it took almost 4 hours to play.

went down into the subway and was waiting to head uptown to columbus circle on either the A or C train. 1st train to come along in 10 minutes 893whatthe.gif was an E train which i was told wouldn't quite get me there. after another 10 minutes or more another E train arrived, so i hopped on and got dropped off at 53d and 7th. i had another 10 minute+ walk to Shun Lee...............fortunately i got there just before 8:00 and steve was buying drinks......... thumbsup2.gif

Great report!! As an attendee at a few board dinners, I completely agree with you about how much fun they are. And FFB is definitely somebody you want to meet thumbsup2.gif

flowerred.gif

I will be organizing the WonderCon forum dinner again this year, and I encourage everyone to come to SF to attend the convention and the dinner. WonderCon forum dinners are some of the best, although I have to admit (somewhat grudgingly) that the ones I've been most impressed with are the Chicago forum dinners at Gibson's. Gibson's has that perfect mix of factors that make it the ideal spot for a forum dinner:

1) great food

2) served in a large, private dining area

3) with a private bar

4) located across the street from

5) one of the two best conventions in the country

6) which is attended by most of the top dealers and many of the top collectors and professionals in the hobby

7) and Steve B. and others like Alan and Moondog do a great job of getting noteworthy non-forumites to attend.

cloud9.gif

I didn't get to attend this year, but I understand from reports that Dan C. did a great job of picking up the torch from Alan and organizing a great dinner.

Great report!! As an attendee at a few board dinners, I completely agree with you about how much fun they are. And FFB is definitely somebody you want to meet thumbsup2.gif

flowerred.gif

I will be organizing the WonderCon forum dinner again this year, and I encourage everyone to come to SF to attend the convention and the dinner. WonderCon forum dinners are some of the best, although I have to admit (somewhat grudgingly) that the ones I've been most impressed with are the Chicago forum dinners at Gibson's. Gibson's has that perfect mix of factors that make it the ideal spot for a forum dinner:

1) great food

3) with a private bar

6) which is attended by most of the top dealers and many of the top collectors and professionals in the hobby

7) and Steve B. and others like Alan and Moondog do a great job of getting noteworthy non-forumites to attend.

cloud9.gif I didn't get to attend this year, but I understand from reports that Dan C. did a great job of picking up the torch from Alan and organizing a great dinner.

I'm not sure I can swing a west coast trip next year with my wedding and all but i will defintitely keep it on then list. Do you think you'll be able to swing a trip to The NYCC in Feburary?

flowerred.gif

1) great food

3) with a private bar

cloud9.gif I didn't get to attend this year, but I understand from reports that Dan C. did a great job of picking up the torch from Alan and organizing a great dinner.

I'm not sure I can swing a west coast trip next year with my wedding and all but i will defintitely keep it on then list. Do you think you'll be able to swing a trip to The NYCC in Feburary?

Not this year. I've got a trial starting in late January and then another trial in March that I'll be preparing for. frown.gif

flowerred.gif

1) great food

3) with a private bar

Not this year. I've got a trial starting in late January and then another trial in March that I'll be preparing for. frown.gif

sorry.gif well, my fiancee has a girlfriend who lives in San Diego so I'll see what I can swing. It sounds like a lot of fun thumbsup2.gif

I didn't get to attend this year, but I understand from reports that Dan C. did a great job of picking up the torch from Alan and organizing a great dinner.

Just trying not to *spoon* up Alan's efforts, that's all. August 11, 2007 at Gibson's.