• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moving on with life, part 1… and 2 !

46 posts in this topic

As some of you know, for the past year or so, my signature line has stated :

WANT LIST::

I'll make this simple:

Action Comics #43 and/or #48, once I get these, then I can move on with life.

Well, I can happily say that I have acquired not just one but both of these great GA books..

The Action #43 I won on eBay in mid-October. Classic Nazi war cover, and in great shape for a 5.0.

Here's the pic.

ActionComics43slabbed.jpg

I was very happy to have won this for a decent price, and was settling into a non-buying phase. WHEN !!

Bam ! Just like that fellow board member Surfing Alien sent me a PM saying that he was all moved into his new house and could finally unpack those boxes and rescue the book from it's storage.

I had been communicating with Surfing Alien since the beginning of summer, when he saw my sig line, and mentioned that he thought he might have an Action #48 in storage.. He was a dealer who set up at cons in the early 90's, but had been away from the hobby for a few years… (ask him about trading a stack of 20 valiants for GA books in the early 90's, dude's got some crazy stories). We talked, he sent me the scan, we worked out a deal, he shipped the book, I received it, fell in love, shipped it to CGC for any possible resto… the book came back from CGC Saturday morning......................

ActionComics48slabbed.jpg

Action Comics #48 has been my grail book ever since I saw it in the Photo-Journals in the early 90's,, I didn't start actively seeking one out until the past 3 years or so, it's a book that doesn't come up to often, and when it does is usually in very low grade..when I look at this book, I can actually here the sound of the airplane engine and Supes whooshing up to it and then BAM !!! My favorite GA cover.

I can't tell you how happy I am to finally have my grail book, and to also have a nice copy of #43, both within a few weeks of each other.

Surfing Alien (Lowell), was extremely nice and courteous during the whole deal, and very easy to work with, I highly suggest that if he has any books you want, that you give him a try,

My long term goal is to try to complete a run of Action from #40-#50, however, I will be taking a buying break at least until after next February, (tax return insane.gif ), but I'll still be on these wonderful boards about everyday..

Do you hear that ??? That's the sound of me "moving on with life"…. cloud9.gif (think I'll go outside for awhile)

many thanks to Surfing Alien flowerred.gif

Gorgeous covers! No wonder they were on your grail wantlist. I myself expect an All-Select Comics #1 in the mail anytime now. And seeing that Action #43, might just add that to my current Grail wantlist.

All-Select #1 has a fantastic cover, I myself would like to have one someday.