• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if you left the boards......and nobody noticed.

105 posts in this topic

What is the story behind Flaming Telepath leaving? Did Lemur55 attack him about the integrity of his auctions? I personally found my dealings with FT very pleasant. When he sold books to me he came off as a nice guy which was uite a contrast to the way he often attacked CGC on these boards.

What did I miss?? Did Nick leave?? Ive dealt with him before and had a very pleasant transaction. Nick is a very nice guy and a great person to deal with.

What is the story behind Flaming Telepath leaving? Did Lemur55 attack him about the integrity of his auctions? I personally found my dealings with FT very pleasant. When he sold books to me he came off as a nice guy which was uite a contrast to the way he often attacked CGC on these boards.

What did I miss?? Did Nick leave?? Ive dealt with him before and had a very pleasant transaction. Nick is a very nice guy and a great person to deal with.

Yes indeed, I hope Nick returns, fer 'eavens' sake. I'm surprised that one pesky benighted troll would make him leave. frown.gif

Yes indeed, I hope Nick returns, fer 'eavens' sake. I'm surprised that one pesky benighted troll would make him leave. frown.gif

Same here...especially when everyone agreed that Lemur went way overboard.

It's more than that. But -- it was more what it represented this community is slowly altering itself to. I feel the same way. He'll be lurking.

Me too. The dummy didn't even include his email address in his parting PM so I'd have a way of reaching him (perhaps that was intentional on his part sorry.gif).

But the point is this is supposed to be fun, so when coming on here means having to fight with a bunch of anonymous posters who can just post any slanderous allegation they want to about you, with no fear of repercussions, then why put up with it? I can totally understand why Rob, and Nick, have departed the boards.

The dummy didn't even include his email address in his parting PM so I'd have a way of reaching him (perhaps that was intentional on his part sorry.gif).

I think I have it if you want it, Tim.

I am sure it wasn't intentional. makepoint.gif

Me too. The dummy didn't even include his email address in his parting PM so I'd have a way of reaching him (perhaps that was intentional on his part sorry.gif).

But the point is this is supposed to be fun, so when coming on here means having to fight with a bunch of anonymous posters who can just post any slanderous allegation they want to about you, with no fear of repercussions, then why put up with it? I can totally understand why Rob, and Nick, have departed the boards.

I agree with you and Brian that that must've been the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for Nick regarding these boards, mainly because the troll was allowed to continue for so long - but then I'm sure Nick would never let the cabrones grind him down, either, plus he had carved himself a niche here that didn't suffer any loss of credibility due to that person's actions.

I agree with you and Brian that that must've been the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back for Nick regarding these boards, mainly because the troll was allowed to continue for so long - but then I'm sure Nick would never let the cabrones grind him down, either, plus he had carved himself a niche here that didn't suffer any loss of credibility due to that person's actions.

All absolutely true, but the point is why have to put up with any of the aggro?

As has been stated many times, it's the nature of the beast, not just on these boards, but chatrooms across the internet. If you're tired of the culture, or malign elements dragging it downwards, then fair enough.

But why let 'em? I guess the reason to stick around is there is that sense of community, and,as the Irish would say, there's the "craic".

As has been stated many times, it's the nature of the beast, not just on these boards, but chatrooms across the internet. If you're tired of the culture, or malign elements dragging it downwards, then fair enough.

But why let 'em? I guess the reason to stick around is there is that sense of community, and,as the Irish would say, there's the "craic".

You're preaching to the choir. I've certainly had quite a bit of aggro directed my way lately, and I'm still here! headbang.gif But I can understand why others wouldn't stay.

You're preaching to the choir. I've certainly had quite a bit of aggro directed my way lately, and I'm still here! headbang.gif But I can understand why others wouldn't stay.

Just put greggy on ignore, so he can't PM you. confused-smiley-013.gif

confused.gif

confused.gif
gossip.gif

One last post and then I'm out. I just wanted to point out that TeamAmerica starting this thread and then coming in and posting in the same thread under his read ID and saying something perfectly civil is exhibit A of why this place is no longer for me. What's the reality there? The poster who's always been friendly with me or the shill starting a thread to, I assume, embarrass me? Having to deal with that type of *spoon* is just a drag. When I see said poster at a show, how am I supposed to react? Do I talk to the "real persona" or do I ask him "what's up with that TeamAmerica" post...

I choose option C.

That is weird on like a Sybil Dorset level..... Linky