• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Incredible Hulk Collecting Thread
7 7

509 posts in this topic

It has always been a dream of mine to own the original 6 Hulk books in FN+ or better. Actually I would like to own them in NM but who can afford that anymore.

I have 4 of the 6 so far and a Hulk #2 in at CGC and a deal going with a board member for the #3...all I have to do is see the scans to finalize the deal.

Here is a picture of what I have so far: #1(CGC 6.5), #4(CGC 7.0), #5(CGC 7.0), #6(CGC 6.5)

week4021.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo but I did not have time for scans.

I will have the other 12 centers up soon. Post them if you have them.

This one is hard to find in nice shape - my copy is a nice midgrade. It is the Slobodian copy, obtained from Marnin Rosenberg, the dealer who first sold most of the Slobodian Marvels. Considering that the Slobodian Hulk 4 is cgc 9.6, and none of the other Slobodian early Hulks have a grease pencil arrival date, I strongly suspect that my ish was bought by Slobodian second hand back in the day, rather than right off the rack.

Notice how from the cover art, it appears Kirby still hadn't settled on making Hulk green or gray.

Hulk3.jpg

I need to check but I am pretty sure the 104 is a pedigree. I will post a better scan tomorrow.

Isnt the 104 a Northland? With Cream-Off white pages 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what I was thinking...I passed up on that book about a year ago and have regretted it ever since (the cream to off-white pages was the hold up)...when I changed my mind and went to purchase it, it had been sold a week earlier... sorry.gif

If you're interested in selling it (and it's the 104 NL)... takeit.gif

It has always been a dream of mine to own the original 6 Hulk books in FN+ or better. Actually I would like to own them in NM but who can afford that anymore.

I have 4 of the 6 so far and a Hulk #2 in at CGC and a deal going with a board member for the #3...all I have to do is see the scans to finalize the deal.

Here is a picture of what I have so far: #1(CGC 6.5), #4(CGC 7.0), #5(CGC 7.0), #6(CGC 6.5)

week4021.jpg

Sorry for the poor photo but I did not have time for scans.

I will have the other 12 centers up soon. Post them if you have them.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif Nice set of books...I love that # 1!!!

I need to check but I am pretty sure the 104 is a pedigree. I will post a better scan tomorrow.

Isnt the 104 a Northland? With Cream-Off white pages 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what I was thinking...I passed up on that book about a year ago and have regretted it ever since (the cream to off-white pages was the hold up)...when I changed my mind and went to purchase it, it had been sold a week earlier... sorry.gif

If you're interested in selling it (and it's the 104 NL)... takeit.gif

See, I had looked into buying it as well and the C-OW was what caused me to not buy it. Should have bought the damned thing.

Arex

Thanks Arex. The scans do not do this book justice. It looks a lot sharper than the 9.4 grade. I have gone over this book many times and cannot find enough wrong with it to keep it out of 9.6 range.