• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone help me ID a misc GA book ?

63 posts in this topic

Hoping a member here would be able to help ID a book for me. I have my Gerber books packed away and cannot remember the name of the book...

It has some kind of space bug creature on the front cover - on the left hand side of the cover and facing right (I believe the cover is a red or orange colour) and the bug thing is leaning/hovering over a woman who is tied up or something like that. I believe the bug creature has 4 arms and is maybe wearing a helmet (?) or maybe just has a big head. That is the best I can remember it by insane.gif.

I cannot honestly remember the title of the book but would peg it at early 1950s (???) - some obscure title. I have tried searching around on the internet and cannot find it. Anyone have any thoughts?

Sorry for the crummy description, it is a pretty cool cover - hope someone recognizes what the 893censored-thumb.gif I am talking about.

Thanks in advance... cool.gif

Thanks Andy.....but thats not it. More like some kind of bug creature and it is standing there I believe. I am not sure what the woman is lying on, but she is laying down....tied up???? I cannot remember exactly.....saw this book years ago and always thought the cover was cool, want to try and find out what it is...... confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks Andy.....but thats not it. More like some kind of bug creature and it is standing there I believe. I am not sure what the woman is lying on, but she is laying down....tied up???? I cannot remember exactly.....saw this book years ago and always thought the cover was cool, want to try and find out what it is...... confused-smiley-013.gif

Can we rule out Planet as the series? Quite a few Planet issues would match your description! How about any of these?

1498845-PLanetChoices.jpg

1498845-PLanetChoices.jpg.e970045111fc9c51dcc24d350e8514a0.jpg

Yes, definitely not a planet book. Not sure who the publisher was, but not a Planet book. I believe the run only had a few books in it - maybe 4-6 or something like that if I remember correctly......I just cannot remember the ruddy title. I will try and draw a picture (no laughing please) as to what the cover looks like....and will post shortly....

Thanks for trying to help....

That is it!!!! Thanks very much...guess I was a little off on my drawing... 27_laughing.gif

I don't know, I thought that your drawing of the girl was dead on, especially her curves.

She was certainly happier to be in the presence of the Bad Bug Looking Thing in his version. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This would make a terrific geek guessing game! It could be played like this round was (preferably w/o verbal explanation) or as a team sport where one team member quick-sketches a cover (preferably from memory w/o speaking) and the other (or a panel) has to guess it.

That was an ideal quick sketch. Just the right amount of detail.

Great Wood cover, too!

Jack

Ok....well I am no artist 893whatthe.gif....so sorry, but here is my 893censored-thumb.gif drawn interpretation of what the cover looks like....

scan10011bk9.jpg

foreheadslap.gif

Best...

Thread...

Evar. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif