• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metro's high grade Batman 1-19 find...

81 posts in this topic

I'm always curious as to what kind of money these kind of sellers get for their books, especially if they're little old ladies.

Quite a lot actually. And I don't remember any little old ladies in the transaction.

Probably more than if they gave it to an auction house.

S

Ah Ha! So it was a beautifull young woman. Nice of you to admit it.

Steve (of Maryland),

I have to admit to admit to not being a fan of CGC, though they do serve a role .. have been collecting too long I guess .. appreciate the fact that without the "lockups" the Mile Highs were indeed tampered and doctored early on .. just can't get myself away from the joy of cracking open my old comics, fawning over the pages, and revisting old stories .. of course, these ones being high grade - one must be careful. please note that several low profile collectors with very nice collections have not gone the slabbing route .. as far as selling them as a run, think synergy, imho the value of this run is greater than the sum of its parts .. just wish I had the coin to get them all now before you know what happens ..

George (of Maryland)

please note that several low profile collectors with very nice collections have not gone the slabbing route

Some very high profile collectors haven't slabbed their collections either. That's cool. To each their own. So why go out of your way to denigrate those who do slab their books or buy slabbed books?

please note that several low profile collectors with very nice collections have not gone the slabbing route

Some very high profile collectors haven't slabbed their collections either. That's cool. To each their own. So why go out of your way to denigrate those who do slab their books or buy slabbed books?

How does that statement denigrate people that do slab? confused-smiley-013.gif

As I stated, they do serve a role .. tamper-proof protection for one .. was not trying to generalize, saying that slabbing is good or bad, or not desirable (particularly on this CGC sponsered board) .. have been struggling myself on "to slab or not to slab" .. recently came across a high grade hoard of Marvels and decided not to slab them .. I will say, however, knowing that slabbed high grade books bring high $$$ premiums .. I am obviously biased in this case wanting to obtain the books unslabbed at lesser cost .. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Steve (of Maryland),

.. just wish I had the coin to get them all now before you know what happens ..

George (of Maryland)

Well George of Maryland (by the way...what part?),

I can't stop looking at these drop dead gorgeous, bright, newsstand fresh books, and already have picked 3 that I would "bid to own" if they ever were offered on Ebay raw 893crossfingers-thumb.gif by Metropolis.

But then I would send them to the "you know who" grading co., to have them "you know whatted"

and already have picked 3 that I would "bid to own" if they ever were offered on Ebay raw by Metropolis.

Per batman_fan in another thread, he contacted Metro and they're going to try to sell the books as a set.