• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Toon Tumbler(R) Mid-Ohio-Con Exclusive

14 posts in this topic

I've been pressed for time, so I didn't have a chance to thank all of the board members who helped out or purchased 'Toon TumblersR at the National last weekend, including Burntboy, MutantKeys, and woogieman, as well as others.

I also wanted to give board members a peek at the exclusive 'Toon TumblerR for this weekend's Mid-Ohio show. This glass almost didn't happen, between Herb Trimpe's cancellation and re-joining the guest roster, along with various production problems.

Anyway, VIP's will be getting this as part of their package, and it will be available for sale throughout the show. I hope all attending board members will stop by, introduce themselves, and show me their loot from the show.

1500584-hulkpress.JPG

1500584-hulkpress.JPG.e6dc48c8f9e183e315f0903497c7e2d8.JPG

I've been pressed for time, so I didn't have a chance to thank all of the board members who helped out or purchased 'Toon TumblersR at the National last weekend, including Burntboy, MutantKeys, and woogieman, as well as others.

I also wanted to give board members a peek at the exclusive 'Toon TumblerR for this weekend's Mid-Ohio show. This glass almost didn't happen, between Herb Trimpe's cancellation and re-joining the guest roster, along with various production problems.

Anyway, VIP's will be getting this as part of their package, and it will be available for sale throughout the show. I hope all attending board members will stop by, introduce themselves, and show me their loot from the show.

1500584-hulkpress.JPG

yay.gif

1500584-hulkpress.JPG

Thanks for the Hulk glass, Paul! thumbsup2.gif

And thanks for showing me the loot you bought that I missed out on! sorry.gif

After you showed me a few of the great comics you scored, I spent a lot of time shopping the same boxes. Found a few sweet deals of my own from the leftovers. Came back a couple times to show you but missed catching you at the booth. What surprised me most is the Hulk #215 35-cent variant that you left behind that I plucked from the $3 boxes... yay.gifyay.gif I was surprised you didn't want it! devil.gifdevil.gifpoke2.gif

1500584-hulkpress.JPG

Thanks for the Hulk glass, Paul! thumbsup2.gif

And thanks for showing me the loot you bought that I missed out on! sorry.gif

After you showed me a few of the great comics you scored, I spent a lot of time shopping the same boxes. Found a few sweet deals of my own from the leftovers. Came back a couple times to show you but missed catching you at the booth. What surprised me most is the Hulk #215 35-cent variant that you left behind that I plucked from the $3 boxes... yay.gifyay.gif I was surprised you didn't want it! devil.gifdevil.gifpoke2.gif

frustrated.gif

Man, I drive 13 hrs home to hear this.

I had a very strong feeling about those boxes. There were about 18 or so when I got to them, and I only had time to go through about 9 or so before I had to return to my tables. I was specifically looking for them, too. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

frustrated.gif

Man, I drive 13 hrs home to hear this.

I had a very strong feeling about those boxes. There were about 18 or so when I got to them, and I only had time to go through about 9 or so before I had to return to my tables. I was specifically looking for them, too. Congrats. thumbsup2.gif

grin.gif

I found another 35-cent variant while shopping at the first dealer on Sat morning - Inhumans #11. Plucked it out of a dollar bargain bin. No one really had a chance to beat me to that one because I was the first to shop from the dealer Saturday, and he wasn't set up during the Friday preview.

Got the Hulk in the middle of Saturday afternoon after lots of buyers had a chance to have found it, so it was more surprising that no one else had found it. I've never found a 35-cent variant at MOC before even though I try to keep a watch for them so they were nice finds, even though both are in the VG/F-ish ballpark.

acclaim.gif

I'll throw up some scans soon to finish off this round of gloating. devil.gif

VERY nice.

And to think I went to this show with the goal of finding several variants and came up empty. Arrgh.

Yeah, on 2nd look the Hulk issue is probably FN to FN+. Just general little bends here and there, but the Inhumans is a little rougher although it looks presentable in the scan.

Did you see any 30 or 35 cent variants on dealer's display boards? I didn't look or ask dealers if they had any, so I wonder if any were on hand.

I did ask many dealers for DC/Whitman variants. Found a handful of those - vs almost none last year. Unfortunately those that I found weren't issues I needed to fill holes. I did buy one issue as an upgrade and several low grade copies I found in bargain boxes I grabbed as well to add to my low grade duplicates pile. smirk.gif One high grade Wonder Woman I passed on because the price was a little steep and my copy of that same issue is a pretty decent copy anyway.