• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

low grade unrestored All Star 3 on Ebay ----your thoughts ??

46 posts in this topic

I slabbed and sold my copy a few months ago. It did not have as much eye appeal as this copy but did appear to be a possible G+ with nice colors. It also had a large amount of splitting at the spine. It came back a 1.5 with slightly brittle pages and sold on Comiclink for about $2800.

Hope this helps.

I was the buyer of Mc's copy, and this current copy on eBay makes me wish I were a little more patient. Seems like a good deal at the current price. Low grade unrestored copies don't seem to surface for sale that often.

Lots of high grade restored copies are all over the place.

Heritage sold a 1.0 recently, but I think the cover was detached. Here is my copy.

RAD8A2662006725_205237.jpg

RAD782F72006725_205239.jpg

RADFD1132006726_165350.jpg

When I get this book in hand, if you guys are interested, I'll post some pics of the interior pages which are described as very nice, and from looking at the edge of the book, the page quality/color does seem appealing.

I am VERY glad to see a renewed focus on PQ......if you think about it, the front and back cover of a comic book make up about 3-4% of the book, but often receive 99% of the focus and attention. Even though a bright, clean, problem free cover is great to look at, so are off-white, supple, rich look interior pages.

1518231-allstar3front.jpg

1518231-allstar3front.jpg.b4892195cf653ae9bb3aa21ec5b72931.jpg

When I get this book in hand, if you guys are interested, I'll post some pics of the interior pages which are described as very nice, and from looking at the edge of the book, the page quality/color does seem appealing.

I am VERY glad to see a renewed focus on PQ......if you think about it, the front and back cover of a comic book make up about 3-4% of the book, but often receive 99% of the focus and attention. Even though a bright, clean, problem free cover is great to look at, so are off-white, supple, rich look interior pages.

hello all...

I had planned to bid on this comic, and had emailed the seller about the PQ (all the listing said was supple, but supple what? tan? off white? cream?)...I was very specific, but never got a response, and hence, did not bid (went for about $500 less than I would have paid, too)

rick

White pages are all goodness as far as I'm concerned. thumbsup2.gif

That is a super buy at that price Steve!! I am always on the page quality bandwagon, white pages get a bump up, tans get a bump down. Plain and simple.