• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shill Amnesty - The Non-Public Option

51 posts in this topic

Well, Wertham isn't going anywhere since Steve B. came out on his side. I have yet to see any mod go against his wishes confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think I said something to the extent that I thought he/she was harmless and funny but, I would go with whatever the mods wanted. I just do not care.

Oh, and ....................welcome back Brad! smile.gifyay.gif

Thanks Steve. wink.gif

The other day in trying to answer aman619's "How Many Are We?" question, I took a look at all the registered users here, sorted by post count. Something like 8000 user names here. About 2000 of them have zero posts.

Sleeper Shills! 893whatthe.gif

Another option would be inquisitive people who sign up to read about CGC books, policy, pricing, etc.....who then get lost in the graemlin wars and useless arguments on the boards, and they move on...and don't come back. frown.gif

Now whether these type of folks would have been a positive contributors to the boards is truely unknown...and that's why getting rid of shills is a good start for the mods and the newly formed Forum Relations Board.

Steve Borock is my Shill sumo.gif
I'm sure that was funny the first 10 times it was used. sleeping.gif

maaaybe, but it was never as funny as making a woman/comic grading vernacular comparison!

Steve Borock is my Shill sumo.gif
I'm sure that was funny the first 10 times it was used. sleeping.gif

maaaybe, but it was never as funny as making a woman/comic grading vernacular comparison!

You mean when someone rates a girl as "apparent" because she might have fake jugs? Oh man, slays me every time.

The other day in trying to answer aman619's "How Many Are We?" question, I took a look at all the registered users here, sorted by post count. Something like 8000 user names here. About 2000 of them have zero posts.

Another option would be inquisitive people who sign up to read about CGC books, policy, pricing, etc.....who then get lost in the graemlin wars and useless arguments on the boards, and they move on...and don't come back. frown.gif

Now whether these type of folks would have been a positive contributors to the boards is truely unknown...and that's why getting rid of shills is a good start for the mods and the newly formed Forum Relations Board.

There is some merit to that argument Mica. I just had an excellent transaction with a lurker who has a total of 0 posts.

Arex

There is some merit to that argument Mica. I just had an excellent transaction with a lurker who has a total of 0 posts.

Arex

I'm not in either of those quotes... confused.gif