• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold T. Blumberg book signing at GEM, December 2, 1-4pm

48 posts in this topic

So you've forgotten the years I've spent here engaging in the thankless task of discussing aspects of collecting, grading, editing Overstreet guides and the myriad other topics to which I've contributed while being largely abused and attacked by people who have never even met me in person but have plenty of bile to spew at the nearest faceless poster for whatever joy they derive from such activity.

You did? Oh OK, at least we're straight on that. smile.gif

Arnold,

Let me apologize for some of the more "moronic" board members on here of late. I dont particularly agree some aspects of the books you are involved in, but I respect your viewpoint and thoughts. It seems maturity and professionalism is leaving this board of late for whatever reasons. I have read your posts here as well as many other boards and encourage you to continue even in the midst of such baseless criticism.

Thanx

Arnold,

Let me apologize for some of the more "moronic" board members on here of late. I dont particularly agree some aspects of the books you are involved in, but I respect your viewpoint and thoughts. It seems maturity and professionalism is leaving this board of late for whatever reasons. I have read your posts here as well as many other boards and encourage you to continue even in the midst of such baseless criticism.

Thanx

And you are exactly?

I love this forum, it has the most polite, respectful, mature posters of any forum I've ever been to.

You always make people feel welcome and a part of a thriving, friendly collecting community.

Yes, there is a strong patrol lately of "Thread Troopers". If you even come close to violating thread Guidelines, chances are they will let you know about it within five minutes of your post. You'll be outed as a spamming, rule-violating bastich and their lives will be given that much more meaning for their efforts. smirk.gif

sign-funnypost.gif

This whole thing is just ridiculous!

There are sooooo many positive things that Arnold brings to these boards and many more things that he brings to help our hobby stay fun as well as move into a better future.

HE DOES NOT DESERVE ANY KIND OF ABUSE FROM ANYONE HERE.

I can't, for the life of me, figure this community out.This is why many people with in-depth knowledge stay away from these boards or leave. I have many friends who know more about comics, grading, history, buying, selling, restoration, artists, and writers, among other things, than most people on the boards combined. These people won't even come near here because of this kind of childish and useless behavior.

Do you want a board where all can come? Do you want it to stay a betterment for the hobby as a whole? Or, maybe, some just want to have their little sandbox,that, like a child who gets upset about nothing or nothing serious, throws sand at another playing in the same box.

This is a sad thread frown.gif

I have many friends who know more about comics, grading, history, buying, selling, restoration, artists, and writers, among other things, than most people on the boards combined.

yeahok.gif

I used the word "most" poke2.gif

Steve, as long as you allow certain negative people to continue to post on the forums, you will continue to have this type of response. I have talked to you before about certain individuals and yet they are still here, recently causing trouble in the Marketplace threads.

Steve, as long as you allow certain negative people to continue to post on the forums, you will continue to have this type of response. I have talked to you before about certain individuals and yet they are still here, recently causing trouble in the Marketplace threads.

I couldn't agree more. thumbsup2.gif

Please PM me the links to the MP threads in question as I never check them.

Thanks!

I have many friends who know more about comics, grading, history, buying, selling, restoration, artists, and writers, among other things, than most people on the boards combined.

yeahok.gif

I used the word "most" poke2.gif

Just messin' with ya, chief. hi.gif

Says the guy who just the other day attacked a newbie because he didn't understand his question. screwy.gif (Even though his question would probably have fit better in the Registry forum)

Says the guy who just the other day attacked a newbie because he didn't understand his question. screwy.gif (Even though his question would probably have fit better in the Registry forum)

Nice contribution. Again, my point is illustrated.

Exactly correct. thumbsup2.gif

Steve,

You've got to be kidding. I read nothing but good hearted humor in this thread until Dr B gets all huffy and overdramatic.

Please point out the abuse that he suffered?

His thread in the events forum got very little play. At least this one was read,and reread by the people he was targeting.

Steve,

You've got to be kidding. I read nothing but good hearted humor in this thread until Dr B gets all huffy and overdramatic.

Please point out the abuse that he suffered?

His thread in the events forum got very little play. At least this one was read,and reread by the people he was targeting.

I had to go back and re-read all the posts again in this thread to see what the big deal is. This thread is tame, with only some light-hearted ribbing and no disrespect aimed at Arnold at all. If anything, the posts kept the thread up at the top of the list most of the past 2 days for all to see.

confused-smiley-013.gif

I got my "big Big little Book book" signed by Arnold today about 30 minutes before the end of his appearance. Dr. B. is a true gentlemen, and it is very disturbing that anyone could have anything negative to say about him, or his contribution to our hobby. Additionally, the Geppi Museum was even more amazing than on opening night....it MUST be the greatest single collectibles collection in the entire world.....very humbling