• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arnold T. Blumberg book signing at GEM, December 2, 1-4pm

48 posts in this topic

In case it's overlooked in "Comic Events:"

If you're in the Baltimore area on Saturday, December 2 [TOMORROW!] from 1pm to 4pm, I'm signing copies of the Geppi's Entertainment Museum book, Pop Culture with Character as well as copies of The Big BIG LITTLE BOOK Book and...wait for it...the third edition of The Overstreet Comic Book Grading Guide. This will be right at the museum at Camden Yards, downtown Baltimore, in historic Camden Station.

foreheadslap.gif

I should have read this earlier!!!

Suzy and I were figuring out what to do today, and we actually considered going up to the museum for the third time (would be my fourth). Of course, she suggested shopping. frown.gif

It would have been great to attend this. My loss.

Again, I will say, the museum is AWESOME. hail.gifhail.gif I recommend it to anyone who hasn't been.

And I'll agree with Steve on this. How Arnold can put together this museum and get nothing but inane comments on his post really is sad. I say congratulations on your book, Arnold, and thanks again - for the millionth time - for your great work on the museum!!! thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

it is very disturbing that anyone could have anything negative to say about him, or his contribution to our hobby.

He has received "negative" (what a loaded word, I won't be using it) comments on various Boards precisely because of his contributions to our hobby (catch 22?). He was involved in some of the Hobby's more controversial ideas/decisions/publications and it's only logical that his posts would elicit further discussion/controversy/conflicting comments. (Regardless as to how one feels about Arnold personally, the person who took over his job at Overstreet will be in the same position, even if they're as nice as Arnold). Arnold's a smart guy, he knows that his works and posts inherently contain the risk of receiving unflattering responses. If he didn't have any guts, a thick skin, or a sense of humor I don't think he would be posting at all. To say we should never post anything contrary or unfavorable about certain aspects of his contribution to our hobby is naive, imho.

I love this forum, it has the most polite, respectful, mature posters of any forum I've ever been to.

You always make people feel welcome and a part of a thriving, friendly collecting community.

cloud9.gif feel the love cloud9.gif

Anything Arnold wants to do is cool with me angel.gifhail.gif

Steve, as long as you allow certain negative people to continue to post on the forums, you will continue to have this type of response. I have talked to you before about certain individuals and yet they are still here, recently causing trouble in the Marketplace threads.

OMFG! insane.gif27_laughing.gif

Steve, as long as you allow certain negative people to continue to post on the forums, you will continue to have this type of response. I have talked to you before about certain individuals and yet they are still here, recently causing trouble in the Marketplace threads.

OMFG! insane.gif27_laughing.gif

I know, the irony! foreheadslap.gif