• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rome Is Burning

28 posts in this topic

Jim Everett punked him like the beeyotch he is years ago.

For your viewing pleasure - Jim Everett about to kick Rome's @$$.

Love sports, hate Rome, but yeah, I have to catch him every once in a while too.

DrBanner... thank YOU for that clip! That is the FUNNIEST thing I have seen in a long, long time. Oh, man... let me wipe away the tears... whew!

6 Stars for DrBanner!!!

Up next, figure skating bad boy Brian Boitano and we are chasing another that I am not ready to talk about yet... but if that falls through, we'll just pray that Jay Mohr calls in.

Jeez, Khaos, are you psychic?

I caught the end segment today & to paraphrase Jimmy: "For tomorrow's show, we're chasing an unnamed Kansas City Royals pitcher (wow! that'll make me tune in!) and we'd like to thank Jay Mohr for lobbing us a call today..."

And you hit the nail RIGHT on the head about how he repeats his 'take' on something for an uncomfortably long time & then turns around and drills his clonage for doing the same!

Still, I do enjoy the radio show more often than not - haven't seen 'Burning' and have no real desire to watch him.

Best sports talk, IMO: Tony Bruno.

Great posts, guys...

Man, I'm as big a KC fan as you'll find (FIRST PLACE, BABY!) but there's nobody worth talking to on that pitching staff! The only "interesting" person would be Mike MacDougal (the rookie closer)... but that's only because he got the pity nomination to the All-Star squad in place of the injured Mike Sweeney.

I've been contemplating placing a call to that S.O.B simply because he NEVER gives the Royals any love (just like all the rest of those radio-based sportstalk gobes). 893frustrated.gif

beltran is a decnt player and Lima is pitching well of late.......Royals are in good ahpe in a week division.....Minny is nothing and the WS might put together a run with Everett/Thomas/Alomar along with solid pitching......Tony Pena has KC playin like Minny last year.

beltran is a decnt player and Lima is pitching well of late.......Royals are in good ahpe in a week division.....Minny is nothing and the WS might put together a run with Everett/Thomas/Alomar along with solid pitching......Tony Pena has KC playin like Minny last year.

Yeah, Beltran is decent....... but he's outta here like one of 'House's dates once the drugs wear off. (Besides, he's been hurt for most of the year so far.) And Lima... Lima, Lima, Lima. I friggin' LOVE that guy! He's so great to watch! Even on nights when he's not pitching, he's right there at the dugout steps! It's so good to see a team like this after the way they were acting during the Muser years.

And who knows, with Minny slumping the way they are and the White Sox apparently TRYING to melt down by picking up two of the biggest jerks in baseball, the Royals have got a good shot at winning the division... but dang, their starting pitching is beaten up! (Again, Hail Lima!)