• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Online Real-time Comic Convention Marketplace...

124 posts in this topic

Maybe sellers shouls have a minimum post # req. so that new people don't just sign on to dump books confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah...

15,000 should do it. cloud9.gif

I definitely like the idea. All I ask is that there be plenty of warning beforehand. It just took me 2 weeks to scan, grade and price 50 books. Even if you throw out the martinis, it still took at least 10 days. makepoint.gif

I like the idea of timeslots for folks to do it....simply get into the queue so all sellers will get a fair shake for their hard work. As opposed to random acts of being in the right place at the right time.

Maybe sellers shouls have a minimum post # req. so that new people don't just sign on to dump books confused-smiley-013.gif

resulting in a greggy style graemlin war..

Seriously maybe 100 might be a good idea.

Not so high as to create spam, but enough to prevent people with 2 posts showing up just to hawk their junk.

Can we include OA?

If so, as not to confuse anyone and make it different from the marketplaces, we can make a new section called "comiccon". It could be for raw or CGC'd comics and magazines as well as original art and comic related things (comic paperbacks, toys, etc). What type of collectible should have to be in the title, so that people who only want to look at a certain type do not have to look at every post.

Does that sound good? confused-smiley-013.gif

Break it up as raw, certified, and OA. Done! thumbsup2.gif

resulting in a greggy style graemlin war..

Seriously maybe 100 might be a good idea.

Not so high as to create spam, but enough to prevent people with 2 posts showing up just to hawk their junk.

Awww...I was looking for the "attic" or "inherited" auction specials.

I definitely like the idea. All I ask is that there be plenty of warning beforehand. It just took me 2 weeks to scan, grade and price 50 books. Even if you throw out the martinis, it still took at least 10 days. makepoint.gif

I like the idea of timeslots for folks to do it....simply get into the queue so all sellers will get a fair shake for their hard work. As opposed to random acts of being in the right place at the right time.

hail.gif

Timeslots:

Monday = GA

Tuesday = SA

Wednesday = BA

Thursday = Moderns

Friday = OA

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

hail.gif

Timeslots:

Monday = GA

Tuesday = SA

Wednesday = BA

Thursday = Moderns

Friday = OA

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sure something like that...although if someone complains that they can't make it on a given night we may need to mix it up. Another idea might be to do all ages on a given night in a timeslot fashion.

Don't want to overthink it...just throwing out ideas.

For this to work, we will need to have an auction coordinator that will simply be in charge of who will be selling what at x time...we could even have a schedule thread/post ahead of time for better planning on both buying and selling parties. Should be minimal work and I would be happy to assist.

I'll throw out some additional ideas later and combine it with a few other contributions and then request for additional feedback and then post a draft.

From noon EST to 6 PM EST works fine for me

Hmmm...we could do rolling timeframes for certain material that could accomodate both sellers/buyers...and simply make it a 24x7 operation with a schedule. That being said, we should probably either have multiple schedule coordinators or have a system in place for self service for scheduling the BINs.

Trying to keep this elegant and simple.

Pick a night. Pick a time. A bunch of sellers show up at that time and using only one Marketplace thread per seller, they each start a marketplace sale. That way, people won't feel like they're always missing out on a sale... and they'll have a larger selection to choose from while they're waiting for each thread to update.

I'm in. I'll log in on Wednesday to post some comics for sale in a thread. Probably during the 9-ish to midnight-ish timeframe...

I see lots of ideas flying around.. some sound intriguing, but I doubt you'll get any real consensus for most of the ideas. Probably just setting a night & time & 1 thread per seller & some prefix (CCFS?) to indicate that the thread is a "live comic convention" thread that includes comics being posted at that time is about as organized as I think will be practical.

Pick a night. Pick a time. A bunch of sellers show up at that time and using only one Marketplace thread per seller, they each start a marketplace sale. That way, people won't feel like they're always missing out on a sale... and they'll have a larger selection to choose from while they're waiting for each thread to update.

I'm in. I'll log in on Wednesday to post some comics for sale in a thread. Probably during the 9-ish to midnight-ish timeframe...

I see lots of ideas flying around.. some sound intriguing, but I doubt you'll get any real consensus for most of the ideas. Probably just setting a night & time & 1 thread per seller & some prefix (CCFS?) to indicate that the thread is a "live comic convention" thread that includes comics being posted at that time is about as organized as I think will be practical.

I tend to agree. I think that it should be kept like an online convention. A wide range of stuff, but with limited hours of availability, and perhaps some previews of what people are going to post to generate buyer interest and attention. Although, that said, I think the different genre/different day idea is one that could work. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I know that I will be posting the Strange Tales #8 that I posted a scan of recently in the silver age forums, and probably some other cool stuff. (Promised the wife I'd pay for the DD#168 page that I bought recently through sales/trades of other comic stuff. yay.gif)

I'm coming in a little late on this thread, but it might also be kind of fun to have a $1 or .50 cent box thread. I know it's always fun to go through $1 boxes at conventions and find those hidden gems or other books to fill in runs you are working on.

Just a thought. Fantastic idea. thumbsup2.gif

I'm coming in a little late on this thread, but it might also be kind of fun to have a $1 or .50 cent box thread. I know it's always fun to go through $1 boxes at conventions and find those hidden gems or other books to fill in runs you are working on.

Just a thought. Fantastic idea. thumbsup2.gif

True, but not worth the effort to scan or sell by single copies online if you're the seller.

Personally, I wouldn't expect a scan for $1 comic. Especially if some of the other suggestions like only allowing established board members to be sellers were put into effect. It was just a thought. Maybe just have a thread called "the dollar bin", no scans, just a list of titles and the grades.