• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

www.comiclinkexpress.com ??

19 posts in this topic

Got this email this morning... I imagine a few of you did too...

Dear Clients and Friends,

After five long years of development, I am proud to announce that the next

generation of ComicLink has been launched! 

Located at www.comiclinkexpress.com, ComicLink now offers:

-An Auction section (with listings 24/7 and no reserve or listing fee for

sellers)

-An automated Wantlist Service (that notifies you immediately via email when an

item you are looking for becomes available)

-Real-Time posting of bids and items in the For Sale section

-ComicTrack (where users can add items for sale and respond to bids in

real-time)

My goal is to make ComicLink the ultimate tool for buyers and sellers. I am

proud to say that, with the new site, I have come a lot closer to achieving that

goal.  If you have some feedback to offer, I would love to hear it.

I want to extend a heartfelt thanks to everyone that has made ComicLink a

success over the past 8 years - without you, this would not be possible.  You

can be sure that although comiclinkexpress.com is more automated, I am dedicated

to providing you with the same level of customer service that you have come to

expect from ComicLink over the years.  

Sincerely,

Josh Nathanson

ComicLink 

www.comiclink.com

www.comiclinkexpress.com

Any thoughts on potential impact on the market? The idea of no reserve fees and no listing fees for items over $100 is certainly interesting. Having the CGC stuff all together is something I wish eBay would do (but I understand why they never will).

Just noticed they have a cherry copy of one of the books on Bugaboo's wantlist... Maybe I should buy it and jack him when I flip it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Also noticed they have a 9.2 X-Men 266 for $85... and a 9.4 for $75... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Definitely some nice Golden Age though...

yep killer stuff and no fee auctions......can't go wrong there plus the ability to make offers and receive counter offers.......nice site with plenty o piks and easy to navigate....

Five years in development!?!?

No listing fee and no reserve fee make it sound free...but Josh still gets the juice (10% of the final price):

"Listings over $100 are free and there are no other charges except for a small seller commission levied upon the sale..."

But at least you only have to pay fees when you actually sell something...

gman could tie up a gig of their server space and never have to pay a dime... blush.gif

gman could tie up a gig of their server space and never have to pay a dime... blush.gif

and how is this a bad thing? 27_laughing.gif

BECAUSE YOU WON'T BE SELLING ANYTHING.

Man, some people.

Am I missing something on the auctions? Or misunderstanding something? He has several on site auctions right now but all have reserves and there is no indication as to who is bidding. I thought somewhere it said auctions were all no reserve. And the idea of nameless auctions is about as enticing as those mysterious private bidder auctions on ebay and Heritage.

Man, some people.

once again u fail to see the silver lining. It is free exposure to the book. Leading the auctions with 17 bids right now on a book i tossed up as a test.....If it sells great, but if not, I might get an offer...who knows? IMO it is definitely worth it....But a limited mind such as yours would fail to grasp this method... makepoint.gif

Am I missing something on the auctions? Or misunderstanding something? He has several on site auctions right now but all have reserves and there is no indication as to who is bidding. I thought somewhere it said auctions were all no reserve. And the idea of nameless auctions is about as enticing as those mysterious private bidder auctions on ebay and Heritage.

u can have a reserve or no reserve auction....who cares who is bidding as long as the winning bidder pays.... grin.gif

Man, some people.

once again u fail to see the silver lining. It is free exposure to the book. Leading the auctions with 17 bids right now on a book i tossed up as a test.....If it sells great, but if not, I might get an offer...who knows? IMO it is definitely worth it....But a limited mind such as yours would fail to grasp this method... makepoint.gif

Yes. "Free exposure to the book"... you should also consider taking the book on a tour of Europe. Make sure you release auctions of the book on MTV and see if you can't get a review of your book's auctions in USA Today. Maybe you could then take the book on "Live With Regis And Kelly" and then it could possibly do a guest stint on David Letterman's show.

Or you could try to sell it... "But a limited mind such as yours would fail to grasp this method." (Who talks like that anyway? All stilted and awkward and with the jumbled syntax and whatnot? Only pimps and perverts talk like that.)

hahahaha u , when the obvious escapes u, u have to try and tear the person down and make them the ones at fault for your stupidity. makepoint.gif

Wow, and here I just thought that actually selling books instead of letting them make guest appearances on Ally McBeal was a good thing. You have shown me the error of my ways, Judah Ben Gman.

Well since I've been developing a web site for the last four or five months that was to be very much like what Josh has currently unveiled, I have very detailed and specific opinions about Josh's new site. In a word, it's FANTASTIC!

I view Josh's new site as better than E-Bay in many ways for the high-grade Gold, Silver, and Bronze customer. Searching is easier since you're not gonna have the non-comic crapola or Modern CGCs to filter through, you can match up what you want automatically with a want list, and you can choose an auction format if you think that might garner a better price than a static listing. His new site is also more flexible and cheaper than Heritage's web site.

The want list feature, the list-it-statically or put it up for auction feature, and the very, very flexible search engine with both sorting and filtering capabilities are just great and are all features I was already working on. My search engine is done, and mine looks so much like his that it'll look like I ripped him off if I didn't change mine now. smile.gif My filter and sort options are placed on the page almost exactly where his are! It's eerie that I was thinking so similarly to whoever programmed his site. I'm actually right in the middle of implementing my want list feature. Mine is slightly more robust than his, but I'm darned impressed with his, especially the ability to upload your want list in a file, which is something I was still trying to work out how I'd do.

I'm a bit miffed that my features wouldn't be unique in the comic book market anymore, but I've still got one or two major features left up my sleeve he didn't implement that may still spur me to continue development. I'll probably feel a bit discouraged after a few giddy months of thinking I'd be first to market, and who knows, I may decide it's better for me to just stick with programming and development for hire instead of making a foray into comics, but that's what makes capitalism so great; competition is the essence of innovation!!! smile.gif

I agree.

Wandering through the site is much easier now, the colors are comfortable to the eye, and the info is more accessible and easier to read.

Definitely a step forward.

Seems that this could soon be a serious threat to Heritage. For buyers

of valuable books, this is far safer than eBay & U save the 15% juice

(as odin88 would phrase it). For sellers, the service seems best for listing

high quality, expensive books risk free (saving the listing fee). Sounds like

JN just filled a huge void in the high end market. I'll seriously consider

this for a couple of 4-figure books that I've upgraded recently but am in no

hurry to sell...

It certainly could be.. but CL would have to have more WoM, far more auctions..and good scans for all the books. The other problem is all the books are on consignment but NOT in the possession of CL, so it takes longer to get questions on the book and such.

Brian