• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First OA

19 posts in this topic

congrats on your 1st page. it.s a cool page. what make.s it better is the fact it was free. in the immortal catch phase from robo cop one. ill buy that for a dollar ! .

larry thumbsup2.gif

smile.gif Thankx

what make.s it better is the fact it was free

Yeah definatly, I am still stunned he lettme have it for free.

He was great though, very nice guy, chances are i'll meet him again next time. headbang.gif

congrats on your 1st page. it.s a cool page. what make.s it better is the fact it was free. in the immortal catch phase from robo cop one. ill buy that for a dollar ! .

larry thumbsup2.gif

smile.gif Thankx

what make.s it better is the fact it was free

Yeah definatly, I am still stunned he lettme have it for free.

He was great though, very nice guy, chances are i'll meet him again next time. headbang.gif

Ok, since you got it for free, there must be a nice story behind it. Give us some details.

Ok, since you got it for free, there must be a nice story behind it. Give us some details.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well, when I approached him the first time, I asked if this was Wayne Faucher, and he said yes it was, after I said glad to meet you, I asked how many books he'd sign.

He said whatever you had, but he paused and said Well how many do you have first? and so I said I had about 21, and he said well sure, so he decided to sign them all for me, after he had done that, he talked to me about the show, he even showed me some Figures he had picked up from dealers, as he loved to look around and buy stuff, which was another reason he came (and willc ontine) to go to that Toy Show, he even lives close to the Expo Mart. Which is pretty cool.

We kept on talking, like about how it was working for Marvel and DC

And after say...40 so minutes, I left and went looking around at the topy show myself (I wanted to get to wayne before spending anytime looking)

So I ended up back at thanos_oftitans table, where he was selling his comics.

After we had realized who we was, we talked and such, he had 7 more books which completed my Spectacular Spider-Man run, and could be signed by Faucher, for only a $1 each. headbang.gif

After a long time talking to him, I told him I was going back to Wayne to get them signed. (It was close to closing time aswell)

I had previously went back two other times, but Wayne wassen't ther, but his wife was. Haha, so the third time, he was back, and he was packing up to go, I asked if he could sign some more and he said he would.

As he was signing, he asked if I had bought any OA from him

(Earlier, I looked through his art, some which he had half off price, none Spidey btw, and other OA priced from $30 up)

And he remembered I didn't. So after he signed my books, he picked out that OA and gave it to me. 893whatthe.gif oh man, was I stunned, that was the best thing yet for that day.

I didn't have enough to buy any OA from him anyway, which is what I said aswell.

So what does everyone think of it? cloud9.gif

I think it would look great in my collection of newspaper-themed artwork. wink.gif

Seriously though - welcome to the world of original art. It's a steep, slippery slope - but just sit back and enjoy the ride. grin.gif

Wow! What a nice gesture. Talk about supporting your fan base. I'm guessing most big time artists wouldn't give you the sweat off their arse, but this guy gives you free OA.

I can't help but give Wayne Faucher the 80's slow clap. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow! What a nice gesture. Talk about supporting your fan base. I'm guessing most big time artists wouldn't give you the sweat off their arse, but this guy gives you free OA.

I can't help but give Wayne Faucher the 80's slow clap. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah I know, I never expected it, and I am sure others woulden't expect something like this either.

I do hope to meet him again though.

Its addictive.Once you start you wont stop !
yay.gif

I just need something or somewhere to put it.

I dunno nothing about storing OA.

Or anything on OA for that matter. blush.gif

Itoya porfolios are great for storage! You can pick them up at any art supply store. I usually get the 13x19 size so I can fit a variety of page sizes in one portfolio.

Also, you can find mylars sized for comic art. I can't remember where though...

Its addictive.Once you start you wont stop !
yay.gif

I just need something or somewhere to put it.

I dunno nothing about storing OA.

Or anything on OA for that matter. blush.gif

Itoya porfolios are great for storage! You can pick them up at any art supply store. I usually get the 13x19 size so I can fit a variety of page sizes in one portfolio.

Also, you can find mylars sized for comic art. I can't remember where though...

I'm liking that mylar idea. smile.gif

Either that, a picture frame woulden't be bad, if I can find the right size.