• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NM+ copy of AF 15 on eBay...is this guy for real?

33 posts in this topic

I couldn't sleep and was just browsing eBay right now and came upon this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

Any chance this guy is legit? Still amusing either way. Forgive me if this auction has been posted or discussed previously...but I especially loved all his posted Auction Questions and Answers!

I just figured out what this auction is. It's a Photoshopped picture of the White Mountain copy. The "62" in the issue number/month box and the faint spine stresses (and the fact that the book has exactly the same registration, except for the parts he photoshopped to cover up the subtle edge wear) give it away.

Click here for a big picture

893applaud-thumb.gif

There's a bigger scan on pedigreecomics.com

hello all...

if you read the current auctions this seller has listed, sure "sounds" like comic keys...

rick

It's not comic-keys. Comic-keys sent me an email a couple days ago with his theory on why this AF 15 auction was fake.

how do we warn the buyer? the buyer seems legit

send him a message with a link to the scan? confused-smiley-013.gif

I sent him an email with a link to this thread yesterday. No response.

I also emailed him with a link to the thread, and also got no response.