• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Worst Shipping Ever???

16 posts in this topic

I'll occassional buy Dell comics for kicks. Cheap, etc. I won 5 on eBay a while ago and the attachment shows how they arrived. (I'd like to place pic in this area but don't know how.)

Good news/bad news. The good news is that they're the wrong comics. Maybe MY comics will arrive better. The bad news is fairly obvious, isn't it? And to think he/she charged me $4 for shipping (the sticker from USPS was only $1.42 by the way).

Got me thinking, has anyone ever had comics delivered any worse???

210820-MVC-149S.JPG.012384149ab4f6bea995aa1d6d334d9c.JPG

Once, I got 12 SIGNED Astro City Comics, all signed by Kurt Busiek & Alex Ross, sent loose, in a large oversized envelope from an ebay seller.

It should go without saying, but I'm pretty sure that the post office used it to swat flys, until the envelope was too flimsy to be folded upright. At that point, I think they used it to stop a leak in the post office kitchenette.

Mywords about the seller are best not posted on an all ages message board. rantpost.gif

Actually, I did get a comic on ebay recently that was shipped poorly. It was an ASM 200 in VF condition, they charged $4.00 for shipping Priority Mail.

So it arrives cramed in my mailbox ( I asked to have "Do Not Bend" written on the package...wasn't done) but what was worse was that the comic was bagged but NOT with a board 893whatthe.gif. A piece of cardboard a little larger than the comic was in the envelope with it, so needless to say the book slid all over the place in transit.

Still can't quite figure out how the seller thought this was a good idea makepoint.gif

Remember this?

The seller actually scolded ME after my complaint by insisting the damage to the books was MY fault, since I hadn't specified shipping methods to him. Ironically, he had perfect feedback which included specific comments about the quality of his shipping!

Seller is arcrelic.

211142-envelope2.jpg.7531c70c888d9aca2c601bc714739996.jpg

I was hoping you would repost that envelope... I thought of it immediately when this thread was posted but didn't feel like looking for it.

That one is pretty hard to top...

I think the first eBay purchase I ever made got delivered to me in a USPS body bag. Three Bronze Age FF's (120, 122, 126) that were advertised as VF or better (and probably were when shipped) arrived in various states of crumpledness and dampness. A grade of Good would have been generous.

Because of that, I am now paying the extortion - err, insurance - on almost every transaction.

Granted, a lightweight paper envelope without cardboard and no backers/bags is not a good way to ship books, but the USPS really had to work to make that one look so bad.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

sent loose, in a large oversized envelope

I got an Ultimate X-Men #1 the same way. She wasn't willing to make it right so my one neg was retaliation from her after she told me to leave her a neg if I wasn't happy. B.itch.

dont get me started on cgcs that i have had cracked and broken too many to count mad.gif

I remember reading somewhere that CGC consulted with the Overstreet Advisory board before opening for business and one of the results was that the holders had to be easy to open. I haven't had a problem with CGC holders direct from CGC but probably 1 out of 10 I've bought on the open market have arrived damaged in some way. I think this is a shame and they should have (been allowed to) made the holders stronger

dave h

This week I received 2 out of the ordinary packages:

One was a Lois Lane (issue where she is black) from Canada in a detergent box filed with foam peanuts and taped well; however arrived in a USPS body bag. It was opened by Inspectors due to white residue (detergent, not dried greggy manjuice) still on package frown.gif

the other is a package from CBDLF - an ebay auction win for Howard the duck 30 cent variant CGC 9.2 - shipped in a bubble envelope frown.gif - luckily no damage but I guess they are saving on shipping to give more towards the cause.