• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,819 posts in this topic

I see that Monte is still on top of this thread as the spreadsheets are already updated (worship)

:hi:

I was at the Baltimore Con yesterday hanging out with Comics_n_erb but found time to raid A-1's Four Color offerings among others. Went home with a stack of 30. Only 3 have not been posted. See below. I also scanned the Three Little Pigs as it is one of my favorite pick-ups from yesterday :D

103230.jpg.9f7f78d3a2bc9e2471d222455aaa0ef6.jpg

103231.jpg.c1e473e982ccf40c858ec45b4eaeb09b.jpg

103232.jpg.ee09851514d1dee036e7be6fb6a2694b.jpg

103233.jpg.b806d91ff32d7dc872a69e4c402cfe11.jpg

Son, next time I catch you in the hemp field, I'll kick your butt from here to next Tuesday!

Jack

More ... I believe I have a Chilly Willy that's missing. I'll have to dig it out later to scan.

103142.jpg

... and last, Diver Dan -

103148.jpg

Bizarre! I had to look the show up on wikipedia. 1960, live action with puppet fish, filmed through an aquarium for aquatic effects. The fish with a cigarette (Trigger) cracks me up.

There's a second issue featuring his mermaid friend.

Diver Dan 2

Has anyone here ever seen the show? It looks like a precursor of Krofft shows like H. R. Pufnstuf.

Jack

:applause:

Never noticed the steed on the FC 11. Cool :cool:

Did you get good deals on the FC at the Mound City auction?

So, how many FC completionists do we really have here?

I count:

Montezuma - Done

Einheri (sp?) - Almost Done, if not Done by now

Bullet (?) - Still working on the high grade run

jmg5783 - Getting there?

Transplant - You're not going for the complete run though, right?

Selegue - Slowly accumulating them all, correct?

Scrooge - 300 issues away

anyone else I forgot to mention?

I've got a complete set, but I still need 126 issues that have comics on the back cover instead of ad's. I don't plan on getting all the issues with ads, but it's be nice to have a complete set of the comic pages.

The earliest ad back cover in my collection is 653, I have both versions, so they go back at least that far. I'll see if I can get some scans up.

In most cases it's the back cover, and in some cases both the inside covers. I've come across some with blank inside covers as well, and have been told they're Canadian, however I also have Canadian copies without blank covers, so I'm not sure about that.

Monty

Here are the both back covers for Perri 4C 847

Page036-1.jpg

Thanks! I love the Perri issue. Pulled mine out and I have the ad back cover :mad: Worst is I probably have had one or two dupes along the way and never checked for the back cover difference. Should have known better.

Sorry I should have added you to the Completist List, right? I don't believe you are done but I believe you are close to done, right?