• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Went looking at an estate for Four Colors on Saturday, found only a few but lucked into a spinner rack. Been wanting one for a while but didn't run into one.

It's now home and stocked up with Four Colors. That thing holds almost four full short boxes of comics :o

Then, I took a composite shot of all 5 sides (thumbs u

87044.jpg

87045.jpg

Good grief! Those pictures deserve a thread of their own!

great spinner rack you haave there.

I wanted to post a few of the ones I got in recent trades. I am trying something different with scanning ( letting my wife do it) so I am posting to see how they worked out

fc080.jpg

Two fantastic books guys. :applause:

Picked up 2 at a local con.

I was happy to get a low grade low price copy of that Davy Crockett, great color on the cover design ... but less happy once I opened the book to uncover the crappy Jesse Marsh art. :sick: :sick: :sick:

The other one is another fun one. The movie was Russian made I believe and must have been distributed in the U.S. thereafter. I like the cover :)

89530.jpg.ba0a527f7eea1cd8ceb98157095d7b33.jpg

89531.jpg.88f36f8d7bc4304f2755960502ec7ab5.jpg

Love that FC 29. It looks beat up and belongs in an Egyptian tomb but I'll take it.

This first old comic that I purchased in the eighties was FC 296. It was cut up so it could do this:

2950535324_11eef82abe_o.gif

Hey, that works even better than the original intention! Would love to see you do that with the other Disney Four Color animated covers. Did you use Flash to create that?

not sure how many of you have seen this listing.

1241 of the series is quite an acomplishment, but 25,000 is quite a high price since most of them are only vg

http://cgi.ebay.com/Four-Color-Comic-collection-92-complete-1241-books-JB_W0QQitemZ230410027590QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item35a5820246

Had not seen it.

Good old Jef. The scans in the auction listings could not be any more random instead of showing the "key" books in the set.

$25,000 is waaaay too much for that set. Also, his math is off. $25,000 is more than $20 a book ($20.15) but, hey!, he offers free shipping.

What you say Jim: $15K to $17K worth?

I think you'd have problems at $10,000, most of the big money books are missing,

first series 1, 4, and 16 second series 9, 29, 38, 62, 74, 97 and a lot of the rest are in the fa to G range.

Breaking it up and selling it on e-bay might get an average of $10 a book after fees, but it'd be a daunting task.

Monte,

I thought I was being generous. I gave $10 a piece anything after 300 and assumed paying more for anything pre-300. Regardless, $25K is much too high. Maybe I should email Jef ... he might simply be advertising the set and is willing to break it up hm But, if his price expectations are the same as for the set :sorry: