• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,792 posts in this topic

Good old Jef. The scans in the auction listings could not be any more random instead of showing the "key" books in the set.

Speak for yourself. That Spin and Marty cover had me reaching for my wallet... :insane:

I think you'd have problems at $10,000, most of the big money books are missing,

first series 1, 4, and 16 second series 9, 29, 38, 62, 74, 97 and a lot of the rest are in the fa to G range.

Breaking it up and selling it on e-bay might get an average of $10 a book after fees, but it'd be a daunting task.

I think he would be VERY lucky to get 5k for the whole set. Most of the stuff will probably go for 10-20% of guide sold separately. Some of the higher numbered stuff he has at 3-5 bucks each MIGHT sell for 3-5 for 10 issues in an auction.

Monte,

I thought I was being generous. I gave $10 a piece anything after 300 and assumed paying more for anything pre-300. Regardless, $25K is much too high. Maybe I should email Jef ... he might simply be advertising the set and is willing to break it up hm But, if his price expectations are the same as for the set :sorry:

Make him an offer: $100 if he agrees to free shipping! :idea:

I think you'd have problems at $10,000, most of the big money books are missing,

first series 1, 4, and 16 second series 9, 29, 38, 62, 74, 97 and a lot of the rest are in the fa to G range.

Breaking it up and selling it on e-bay might get an average of $10 a book after fees, but it'd be a daunting task.

I think he would be VERY lucky to get 5k for the whole set. Most of the stuff will probably go for 10-20% of guide sold separately. Some of the higher numbered stuff he has at 3-5 bucks each MIGHT sell for 3-5 for 10 issues in an auction.

I disagree with that last statement. If you know where I can buy high numbered low grade FCs at auction for $5 for 10 issues, I'll bid right now.

while it a great collection for breadth, it is kind of dissapointing with an average grade of v/vg and nothing above an f+. Most of the books are g or less.

It seemd like a guy who had spent decades collecting would have had a better overall condition.

seems like the full value of these books would not be 15,000

It would not surprise me if he would break it up in smaller lots or say sell maybe a hurdred or so of the books at a time.

I know there is someone else who has 300+ books for sale with a better grade range for I hthink about 4k

Monte,

I thought I was being generous. I gave $10 a piece anything after 300 and assumed paying more for anything pre-300. Regardless, $25K is much too high. Maybe I should email Jef ... he might simply be advertising the set and is willing to break it up hm But, if his price expectations are the same as for the set :sorry:

The only complete set that I've seen in person was at Ruben Blades' house back in the mid 90's.

Jack Mallette claimed to have a full set, but I never saw it. Ruben's was very nice, all on one book shelf.

He really loved comics in those days and bought a wide variety from me. He even flew in from LA to New Orleans one day just to shop at the store. Bought a ton of stuff.

Does he still collect?

I got in quite a few books in recent trades. I have many of them scanned and uploaded now. I will try to post most of them when I have a chance. Some of them are very nice books.

fc071WaltDisneysThreeCaballeros.jpg

Great score! Any chance of scanning a few internal pages of this one? I've never seen this book and would like to see Kelly's duck in action.

I'll try to get some scans of interior pages when I have the chance.

In the meantime here are some more of my recent trades.

fc088BugsBunnysGreatAdventure.jpg

fc115LittleLulu.jpg

fc142BugsBunnyandtheHauntedMountain.jpg

To have all 1200+ books is quite a feat. Having them all on on bookshelf would be an awsome display

I just got a really nice upgrade for this Tonto. If anybody needs my undercopy they know where to reach me

Most of the books in this series had more than 1 issue. Hard to imagine where they were thinking the "I Met a Handsome Cowboy" was going to continue. I met another handsome cowboy......

fc312.jpg

fc324IMetaHandsomeCowboy.jpg

I just ran into an old acquaintance collector that has the complete four color 1st and second series runs.

I'm looking forward to getting to look through them.

I hadn't seen him in 20+ years.

Cheerio