• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,811 posts in this topic

The Roy Rogers Annual, even though it has a Dell imprint, was actually printed by Wilson Publishing in Canada. It was available only in Canada as well. It is a reprint of the first 4 issues. Thanks to Dell4c who informed me when I thought it was a "missing" dell book from my checklists.

reprint or rebound? color or b&w innards?

Ok,then let's try this shall we ?

There are no Carl Barks or Disneys in my soon-to-be Four color collection.

Most of it is Zorros,a few Wyatt Earps,a bunch of Mavericks,that kind of stuff.

I've submitted a question in the Ask CGC section about how to send them to get them graded,i'm still waiting on the posting.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

Happy you chaps are enjoying them.

Here's 10 more for your viewing pleasure

Look closely at the top and the Dell logos,some of them seem to have a closer cutoff like the rifleman cover,is that what they call a trim ?

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0509.jpg

Officer FRANK DREBIN !! :grin:

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0517.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

I'll really have to scan them when they're at my place,also get 'em bagged and boarded.

Since I was in Photobucket anyway, here's a couple of nice late run issues to bump this thread:

four_color_1184.jpg

four_color_1267.jpg

I picked up one of the Peanuts issues today - shall post in due course.

Montrealfilmguy: Your Dell books just look to have an uneven factory cut. It isn't unusual for the top edge to be a bit higher or lower than 'usual' due to printing.

Here's a fun Four Color I picked up recently. I like the single bold colour with relatively simple artwork that a lot of Dells had:

FC_1015.jpg

I'd love to find nice copies of the other Dell Peanuts issues if anyone has a lead on some. :wishluck: