• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,814 posts in this topic

Ok,so my question is,since ive never sent ANYTHING to CGC...

Is it worth it to send what looks to me like at least grade 9 four colors ?

maybe im not being conservative enough..

How do you send lets say a big batch of 20-30 books ?

Or,can you send 20-30 books all in one swoop ?

I have not posted here in a long time. Finally got my Four Colors back under control. I am up to 750 issues, and am working on a few deals that will break 800. Did we ever get scans of each issue displayed?

Here is a list to my Thank you's in a WTTF thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5946608#Post5946608

Here are a couple of the later issues that I got from Mile High

fc1306.jpg

fc1349.jpg

Edited by jmg3637

Just got another 30+ in from a new trading partner fiberbiskit. Have not processed them and added to lists yet. Hope to do so in the next week or so. I also have a few more trades in process, so I hope to break 800 by the end of September.

In the mean time here are a few more from my last update.

fc481.jpg

fc312-1.jpg

fc1047-1.jpg

Since I have been getting back into my Four Color Trading Quest I broke down and ordered a new overstreet. I think I had only bought the book once in the last 6 years. I noticed that many of the FC's were down about 10% over that period. guess that without a new base of collectors the prices are falling.

fc996.jpg

the goofy was an upgrade. The first copy was pretty sad

fc952-1.jpg

fc948.jpg

I just got the new overstreet since i am back in trading mode.

i was reading the other day that from somewhere in the late 700's to the mid 900's that there was a standard 10cent price, and that there was a .15cent variant. This was followed with a "STILL 10cent" beside the plain 10 cent which i think is the variant that replaced the 15 cent test run.

here are a few of the early 15 cent variants. the price box is very apparent on the Hardy Boys 830

FC775.jpg

fc785.jpg

fc830.jpg

here are a few more of the 15c variants.

I know that there was a point when there were different back covers. One with an add and the other something like a pinup or other issue related item. I don't remember what issues that ran from. I wonder if there are 3 or perhaps FOUR different variants for some of these issues.Since I use backing boards I rarely focus on the back cover.

fc777.jpg

FC812.jpg

fc819.jpg