• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your FOUR COLOR Comic Covers Here
15 15

What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What are the odds that every cover to Four Color Series I and II can get posted in this thread

• choice1
    • choice2

3,814 posts in this topic

Those two may be tougher to find these days because I doubt that the above two comics did as well as most Four Colors. I don't think the Dell teen humour comics sold as briskly as the Dell funny animals comics in the fifties. While Dell had sewn up almost all of the major cartoon characters for its funny animal line, Archie provided Dell's teen humour comics with very stout competition.

(shrug)

This may be a bad move to draw attention to the book, but I wanted some thoughts on this book.

Four Color 29: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380497323491?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

$(KGrHqJ,!jQFBKE1DGBnBQh0uDWf2w~~60_57.JPG

Really rough, chunks missing, 56 pages not counting covers with 1-sided photocopies, edges of the ragged pages are "very frail" but not brittle (hm, sounds brittle, but let's go with his wording). But... it's Four Color 29 and is likely going to be sold for a price that's more in my budget.

Not awful for the likely price point? Something to avoid (brittle)?

This may be a bad move to draw attention to the book, but I wanted some thoughts on this book.

$(KGrHqJ,!jQFBKE1DGBnBQh0uDWf2w~~60_57.JPG

Really rough, chunks missing, 56 pages not counting covers with 1-sided photocopies, edges of the ragged pages are "very frail" but not brittle (hm, sounds brittle, but let's go with his wording). But... it's Four Color 29 and is likely going to be sold for a price that's more in my budget.

UGH! Unless you must have a copy save up for something nicer. Do what you must though.

UGH! Unless you must have a copy save up for something nicer. Do what you must though.

+1

But I go without rather than buying low grade books. There's a lot I'll never own because of that (including probably FC #29) but aesthetics matter to me.

I am less picky about.that and prefer lower grade so I can handle them without concern. Obviously this one is a mess though and probably too rough. Thanks guys just needed a sanity check.

I am down to about my last 150 issues to complete my four color run. Most are pretty high grade and many the highest. I posted a want list of what I need on the WTB list. If anyone can take a peek over there and see if they can help me that would be terrific. Additionaly I have almost 1000 scans on my Collectors Society page. Feel free to copy any, as anybody here sees fit.

If anybody is looking to upgrade. check with me as I have many duplicates. I am probably also looking to upgrade another 150 or so myself. One of these days I'll post that list also.

Have a great week and thanks for reading.

An X-mas gift from my kids. From an original owner collection in northern CA. I honestly did not believe I'd ever come across a non-file copy this nice. Heck, never thought I'd come across any copy this nice. DEEEEP COLORS, beautiful pages. Scratch one grail off the list.

CCF12302012_00000_zps3d5afbd4.jpg

An X-mas gift from my kids. From an original owner collection in northern CA. I honestly did not believe I'd ever come across a non-file copy this nice. Heck, never thought I'd come across any copy this nice. DEEEEP COLORS, beautiful pages. Scratch one grail off the list.

CCF12302012_00000_zps3d5afbd4.jpg

VERY nice copy! Your kids did well! :applause:

Additionaly I have almost 1000 scans on my Collectors Society page.

Where/what is that?

???

Here's a Four Color I thought I'd scanned over a year ago but evidently not:

28-12-2012100114PM.jpg

:)

Nice painted cover. Not a movie I'm familiar with. With better known films I suppose Western paid a fee to the studio. With movies like this one, I wonder if the studio paid Western a fee to produce a comic that would help promote the movie?