• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herald2galactus Update

159 posts in this topic

... or should that be herald2nopay? The guy is a con. Despite his promises last week he has done a runner. He has gone off aim, deleted his myspace account and isn't reading his PM's. If you are wondering what this is all about then here is the Original Thread

At this point im not going to see my money or books back so as promised im telling my side of the story. I sold him two books for $40 and i charged him $12 for shipping so the total he owed me was $52. It gets worse though, first of all i threw in a nice freebie for him and secondly i under-charged him on shipping which was closer to $20 so at this point im out 3 comics and the price of shipping them to him.

Funny thing is the day after i shipped them the books returned to my house. It turned out that the postman accidentally sent it to my return address rather than H2G. Of course i re-shipped them the next day. It's funny that nothing like that has ever happened before with the books being returned to me. An omen not to resend them if ever there was one!

I wish i could say that was it. The guy doesn't have a paypal account so i told him rather than send the money order to me that he could just send it to another board member as i owed board member X $50. I told him to round it down, i cut him a break. Long story short, over two months later and board member X hasn't received the $50. I have though straightened everything out with board member X so that he isn't out of money.

... and there is more. During that time H2G and board member X were doing their own deal. $1600 worth of books. As well as not paying for my books he hasn't paid board member X a dime for the books he agreed to buy from him. So X is pissed as well. I should also add the H2G under his last user name (dog face dude) shafted X on a similar size deal and never paid.

A truly sad state of affairs. I know some of you might think losing just over 50 bucks is no big deal. It is to me though and it has lead me to lose faith in others. If anyone has any books H2G has paid for (yeah right!) and hasn't shipped them to him and you want to help me out then send me a PM.

Not to go against any warning but Mark and I did a few hundred dollar+ deals and everything worked out fine. The first deal was the biggest and we did in person after that, mail was OK too.

It seems funny when folks commit some sort of fraud that it is smaller amounts. $1600 is a lot though. I'm sure he just fell off the grid for whatever reason but who knows.

Ed

He's an excuse maker that went above his means. I have PM's where he's upset that I would "out" him in the boards, funny how many other people came "out" with similiar accusations.

Just go to shows that we need to "out" people after a reasonable time as there probably are others that thought it was just them having a problem.

Scumbag!!! Unbelievable ... Ironic how he got pissed off when someone commented about his pic and saying "this is why comic collectors get bad raps " something along that line and he goes and does a stunt like this. Pathetic... he's just dropped the standards for trust in the community.

Ouch that suks.

Its not just about the money whether it be $50 or $1600(although the $1600 is a good amount crazy.gif) Its situations like this that decrease the comfort zone around here for others. It is a shame and hurts our little community we have going on here.

Let's watch for his return. He'll be back once we reorganizes. Any of you who send books on approval need to know these things can and will happen. You could also pay someone and they never ship the item out. Either way, someone gets ripped off. We need to keep these boards free of these people.

Sorry you lost out.

I'm getting pissed off aswell.

Mark was suppose to have sent me a ASM 101.

When he claimed he did, I never got it.

He claimed it was a label error (meaning he made a mistake or something)

And was to get it back last saturday, well, a week later...and nothing.

And he said he was gonna ship it out again, with another book for his mistake.

This was a trade too, ASM 18 for a ASM 101.

I trusted him because of what he sent me before.

However, I can see that this turned out to be a mistake.

I'm probably the only one to have talked to him the most via AIM.

Which also explains why I have, and would of trusted him.

And so now, he is gone.

He got my book, but I never got his.

And so now, he is gone.

Jacob... I'm sorry to hear that he did this to you the most... of all people it's not like you have the deepest pockets but you probably have one of the most generous hearts ( referring to the story about you sending your old transformers to another forumite's son for free ). This guy is a joke and will prey on anyone no matter what station they have in life... what a class act!!! 893censored-thumb.gif

And so now, he is gone.

He swiped the ASM 18 I sold you? 893whatthe.gif

I know how much you liked it... sorry.gif

Hopefully the bad smell will make him sick! thumbsup2.gif