• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: GA Captain Marvel, Whiz Comics

4 posts in this topic

Well, my Whiz Comics 70 is lonely. I find something nice on EBay periodically, but frankly I'm not sure what I should be paying for them.

So, I'm soliciting Whiz Comics and Captain Marvel Adventures comics. As long as there is no writing or date stamping, I'm interested. I'm not sure if these are immediate purchases or new year purchases, but if anyone is looking to sell some of these, PM me. No scan required for now. I'm putting out "feelers" so to speak. (Because I want to add to my collection of 1 BAD.)

Yep, you have to keep your eyes open for the right deal but you can amass a nice little batch of them if you try. I buy at between 8.0 and 9.0 and no higher. I figure that is the grade that looks the nicest but at the same time, if I cracked my slabs open, I wouldn't feel bad about reading them either. And start learning to grade because you will find better deals on raw books, if you get a handle on grading. I always look the book over(even if in a slab) before I buy. Page quality is a big factor as well. Have fun with collecting "The Big Red Cheese". grin.gif