• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghosts #2 CGC 9.6 on the Link

10 posts in this topic

The #1 9.6 issue was sold on Heritage a couple of years ago, about 30% below what the seller of this #2 issue is asking. No way is anyone paying $1,400 for this one. I think $600 is fair for this one...but it has OW pages and the LRC looks soft to me...I know of several who loves this series but Ghosts is a soft title price wise (but rather steady) and doesn't command as much as the other stronger DC titles. 9.4 is just fine unless someone is willing to sell it with no reserve and see what the market says.

After 4 years, I'm roughly 72% complete; my problem is that the other less expensive issues of this series aren't being slabbed...I'm sure they are out there but no one has stepped up.

Good thing. $1400 was an insane price.

You know, I don't blame him for trying, especially if it is census highest. If he put it up and someone pulled trhe trigger at full price the first day...was it too cheap? That's how I sold my Witching Hour #2 a couple months back.

Good thing. $1400 was an insane price.

You know, I don't blame him for trying, especially if it is census highest. If he put it up and someone pulled trhe trigger at full price the first day...was it too cheap? That's how I sold my Witching Hour #2 a couple months back.

Yeah, I was surprised at that price. More surprising was the WH #15 9.4 price for over $400...I had an extra 9.4 for some time and the owner of the extra 9.4 copy can't give it a way (after 2 had sold).

In short, it boils down to timing...which is essentially unpredictable.

seems to me that the pool for most of teh Bronze horror books in HG for 100s of dollars is pretty slim still. I see them listed and thay sit...

That would be a fair observation. Demand is being satisfied. Although Guy's prices have not been crazy, but they were going for hundreds. Some of the CL books I saw listed just sold recently in other venues...so it's again down to timing.