• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Silver Age DC key books

308 posts in this topic

Hey Steelcity, any group shot somewhere of your Adventure Comics run ? I really like those laugh.gif

Adventure Comics, the DC equivalent of Strange Tales ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Considering the title started in 1935...I don't think it's an equivalant of anything laugh.gif

Here is a fun fact...Superboy starred in Adventure comics solo from issue 103 in 1945 till number 299 in 1962.....almost 200 issues of a monthly comic for 17 years. yay.gif

Then add another 81 issues (till number 380) with the Legion of Super-Heroes in 1969. headbang.gif

Geez...I wonder if anyone has a sweet 103 they could post....hmmmm poke2.gifshy.gif (no, it's not me)

Hey Steelcity, any group shot somewhere of your Adventure Comics run ? I really like those laugh.gif

I have not ever grouped my Adventures together into a display, but it's an idea to do at some stage!

Considering the title started in 1935...I don't think it's an equivalant of anything laugh.gif

Here is a fun fact...Superboy starred in Adventure comics solo from issue 103 in 1945 till number 299 in 1962.....almost 200 issues of a monthly comic for 17 years. yay.gif

Then add another 81 issues (till number 380) with the Legion of Super-Heroes in 1969. headbang.gif

Geez...I wonder if anyone has a sweet 103 they could post....hmmmm poke2.gifshy.gif (no, it's not me)

I do have a nice #103 I can post, though this is not really the right forum. Well, here it is anyway. I can delete the post if there are complaints. This was my "big buy" from San Diego Comicon in 1996. I

AdventureComics103-1.jpg

1st Krypto.

AdventureComics210-1.jpg

Nicest copy I've ever seen as well... picked up a VG- copy yesterday that I was thrilled with - but i haven't seen a copy other than in this thread for quite some time. Sweet... do your remember how long ago you got that... ?

1st Krypto.

AdventureComics210-1.jpg

Nicest copy I've ever seen as well... picked up a VG- copy yesterday that I was thrilled with - but i haven't seen a copy other than in this thread for quite some time. Sweet... do your remember how long ago you got that... ?

I do indeed. I bought it on Saturday March 16th 1991. I had been negotiating a Detective Comics #27 from a private collector, and at some stage I happened to mention that Adventure Comics #210 was top of my SA wants list. Turns out he had a very nice copy - this one - which had been in his collection for many years. So it was added into the deal and I collected them both on the date mentioned. This copy has white pages, which is very unusual for an Adventure #210, as most are very prone to tanning.

First code book for the title.

WorldsFinest75.jpg

I love the story of acquiring a Tec 27 and Adventure 210 -- ON THE SAME DAY!!!! sweet, sweet books.... man, really. You are absolutely right on the white pages on the Adv. 210, the ones on the low grade are seeing some light tanning, but I can't really afford a high grade copy right now of that book -- even if I could, I'd probably want to diversify with the number of 10 centers I owned...

I also love this World's Finest 75 -- mine probably has o/w pages and I would guess it would grade an 8.0 -- but I think I'd rather have a 7.0 with white pages!

Add me to the "never seen" WF #75 cover.

While I have some World's Finest books (maybe about 80 or so) is it hard to track them down from the 1950's? It seems to be a "lost" title when mentioned in collecting circles or shown at shows. It's as if no one focus's on it.

I have never seen that worlds finest #75 cover before, thanks for schoolin' me!

I don't have any in the 70's, but I have this pre-code one that retells the origin of Superman. I know this is a little earlier than the silver age, but I think this forum gets more attention than the atom age thread in the GA forum..

wf53.jpg

World's Finest is just a great overlooked series. Issues between 50 and 80 in any nice kind of shape are just so scarce. There are just some fantastic covers in the series.