• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post your Silver Age DC key books

308 posts in this topic

This is just sick:

Action 285 CGC 9.4 on Heritage sold for $3,346.00! 893whatthe.gif

If someone wanted it so bad why didn't they just buy it off of Metropolis's website for $1,400 where it sat forever. foreheadslap.gif I just don't get it. screwy.gif

Guess I will just have to settle for my old beater copy.

act285.jpg

Was that with the BP?

This is just sick:

If someone wanted it so bad why didn't they just buy it off of Metropolis's website for $1,400 where it sat forever. foreheadslap.gif I just don't get it. screwy.gif

Was that with the BP?

Yes.

wow. thats a real eye-opener and a lesson in how NOT to get carried away bidding!

hey, look at the name of the Hotel on the Action 285 cover...

How did Steve get that on there way back then???

What always cracks me up about that cover is that the crowd is cheering Supergirl because she's pulling a Britney, as it's called now.

Jack

didnt they explain it at some point that she keeps her 'parts' vibrating so nobody can take a picture like Supes does to his face so no one can match him up against Clak Kent? Thats also probably why ol' Supergirl was always smiling too!

How much do you want to bet that even though Metro couldn`t move their copy at $1400, they`ll still crank the price up to $3000 or thereabouts now. 27_laughing.gif

How much do you want to bet that even though Metro couldn`t move their copy at $1400, they`ll still crank the price up to $3000 or thereabouts now. 27_laughing.gif

I bet it was the Metro copy

This is just sick:

act285.jpg

I think Silver's NM looking Action #285 is far prettier than the Heritage 9.4.

It is also a bit nicer looking than the CGC 9.4 Metropolis had for sale at $1175 only last week. Both of those CGC copies have noticeable overspray. The prices on high grade SA DC is now impossible to predict. I have a CGC 9.4 copy of Adventure #293, which came out the same month as Action #285. Would it fetch $3000+ in a Heritage auction? Just as likely it could go well under $1000. Auctions seem more unpredictable than ever!