• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gary Carter?

87 posts in this topic

He should be in the hall of fame. For a catcher his stats were as good as any catcher who played.

He's in the hall of fame thank you very much. Went in 3 or 4 years ago. makepoint.gif

as a montreal expo? confused-smiley-013.gif

hey Carter played just as good for the expos as he did for the mets! He was really good!

Yep, he went in as a 'spo. He only spent four full years with my Metties.

Another Gary Carter memory: him setting up at San Diego one year and lining up the first Sandman appearances - the Mile High copies, of course - on the top shelf of a display.

Adventure 41...42...43...44...45 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

STEVE

That's really killer Steve!

Along with the San Diego theme--

The Real Fact #1 that I sold to Paratrooper here on the boards is really all due to Gary Carter. The guy I got it from was at SD one year and asked Gary if he thought it was a good idea to pick it up and Gary told him pretty emphatically that it's always a good idea to buy Real Facts when you can.

Marc

No, the real monster collector is Roger Longo! Steve Carey is small fry!

Roger mostly more out of comics than in.

Adam;

By "out", do you mean completely out in terms of selling off his collection? Or do you mean a "soft out" in terms of not buying anything new in today's market?

There is a significant difference between the two.

Adam;

By "out", do you mean completely out in terms of selling off his collection? Or do you mean a "soft out" in terms of not buying anything new in today's market?

There is a significant difference between the two.

Yes to both, last I knew. Many significant books that he owned have been sold.

He popped in one day at San Diego Con this year. Steve Carey and I talked to him for a good long while. He is completely out of comics.