• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Thanks To Secret Santa/Chanukah Harry et al HERE Thread!

80 posts in this topic

I sure hope my Secret Santa wasn't Herald2Galactus! 893whatthe.giffrown.gif
27_laughing.gifwhoever was lucky enough to draw Herald should send the package to silvers instead.
Haha, thanks pirate. smile.gifAnyway. Speaking of packages, gifts, and santas.Worldsbestcomics: Steve Nelson, even though he wassen't picked to be my Santa, decided to play santa on his own for me.Yesterday I recived a package from him, and opend the box to reveal wraped in christmas paper, comics! Well, me reading this thread, and me being tempted, I was gonna open one, howeverr...I opend them all devil.gifAnd here is what Steve gave me:From the Golden Age:

Uncle Scrooge #495 1953 pic

Uncle Scrooge # 7 1954 pic

Uncle Scrooge # 14 1956 pic

SilverAge

Uncle Scrooge # 51 1964 pic

Bronze:

Uncle Scrooge # 92 1971 pic

Spider-Man

Web of Spider-Man #1 pic

Web of Spider-Man #2 pic

Spider-Man: Special Edition "Trial of Venom" pic

Amazing Spider-Man #150 pic

(1990) Spider-Man #2 CGC 9.8 pic

Overall, a very great collection of books, thank you so much Steve.

I sure hope my Secret Santa wasn't Herald2Galactus! 893whatthe.gif

frown.gif

27_laughing.gif

whoever was lucky enough to draw Herald should send the package to silvers instead.

Haha, thanks pirate. smile.gif

Anyway. Speaking of packages, gifts, and santas.

Worldsbestcomics: Steve Nelson, even though he wassen't picked to be my Santa, decided to play santa on his own for me.

Yesterday I recived a package from him, and opend the box to reveal wraped in christmas paper, comics! Well, me reading this thread, and me being tempted, I was gonna open one, howeverr...I opend them all devil.gif

And here is what Steve gave me:

From the Golden Age:

<p>Uncle Scrooge #495 1953 pic<br>

Uncle Scrooge # 7 1954 pic<br>

Uncle Scrooge # 14 1956 pic</p>

<p>SilverAge<br>

Uncle Scrooge # 51 1964 pic</p>

<p>Bronze:<br>

Uncle Scrooge # 92 1971 pic</p>

<p>Spider-Man</p>

<p>Web of Spider-Man #1 pic<br>

Web of Spider-Man #2 pic<br>

Spider-Man: Special Edition "Trial of Venom" pic<br>

Amazing Spider-Man #150 pic<br>

(1990) Spider-Man #2 CGC 9.8 pic<br>

<br>

Overall, a very great collection of books, thank you so much Steve.</p>

893applaud-thumb.gif That was very nice of Steve

Well done Steve! There are defintely more Santa's than Grinches on this board for sure thumbsup2.gif

I agree that there are many wonderful people on this Board. But, actually another Boarder, Flink inspired me a while back with the selfless way she looked out for Anfield Fox on the New York Post Spidey inserts.

Here's the thread if you missed it the first time around

Flink!

Thanks THOMAS! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

This was a truly amazing gift! I don't have an image of it yet, but Thomas drew a 4 panel cartoon " The Steve Borock Chronicles" and had it framed and matted.

Very talented guy!!!! hail.gif

This will hang in the CGC grading room for as long as I work here! thumbsup2.gif

Really, all I can say is WOW, YOU DA MAN! thumbsup2.gif

You're welcome Steve but the gift isn't from me. I don't know how the secret santa thing worked in here so I don't want to say who the gift came from but it was from another board member (not me). I just drew it for him. He matted and framed it and it was entirely his idea, gag and all.

If you're allowed to know who the secret santa was let me know and I'll edit my post or he can follow-up to this.

You're welcome Steve but the gift isn't from me. I don't know how the secret santa thing worked in here so I don't want to say who the gift came from but it was from another board member (not me). I just drew it for him. He matted and framed it and it was entirely his idea, gag and all.

If you're allowed to know who the secret santa was let me know and I'll edit my post or he can follow-up to this.

foreheadslap.gif

I don't know who to thank then frown.gif

Anyway, what I said about you work still stands and whoever got this for me....................THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

foreheadslap.gif

I don't know who to thank then frown.gif

Anyway, what I said about you work still stands and whoever got this for me....................THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Thanks me, even though I had nothing to do with it poke2.gif

I, uh, didn't wrap mine. I didn't know it was a requirement. I should've thought of it anyway, but I was trying to get it ready for the mail carrier who was due any minute. sorry.gif On the bright side, my recipient has my permission to denigrate me publicly for this and that will add muchly to the gift. An open season pass, if you will. G'head.

-- Joanna

Well i opened mine today as i was having a mini christmas day with emma (Spending christmas day with our seperate families)

When i opened the present from Brockley i was speechless for two reasons! Firstly the christmas wrapping paper had an "adult" theme 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif and secondly i was blown away with what he had actually sent me 893whatthe.gif

He knew that i liked Fantastic Four annuals and had this piece commisioned for me!

F4AnnuComm.jpg

Needless to say i have been blown away, thank you very much Shawn flowerred.gif It will be framed along with a copy of the book, i'll be sure to post pictures!

Happy christmas everyone thumbsup2.gifflowerred.gif