• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Thanks To Secret Santa/Chanukah Harry et al HERE Thread!

80 posts in this topic

Thank you to AlexH (Santa Ho) for some wonderful Toon Tumblers

The kids will love them and I especially like the Archie.

I got my package out a little late, but it's on it's way......

Glad you liked them. thumbsup2.gif

Hey that Archie is out of production and no longer available. it's my favorite of the whole bunch.......... cloud9.gif

i actually got the Marvel Xmas glass and another today.

and it was from Paul who's not my Secret Santa........(unless this was from my SS via Paul). thumbsup2.gif

so the absence of the SS gift by christmas is not an issue at my house......... grin.gif

Merry Christmas , Kudos, and an All-Around Thank You to....

Jeffreykli

for a great set of books. I got bored today and opened my package as an early present(Hey, I've been this way since being a kid...and who hasn't???).

Anyway, I received a very nice assortment of Bronze Age Horror books, Marvel & DC. Such as...

Tomb of Dracula

Werewolf by Night

Frankeinstein's Monster

House of Mystery

Witching Hour

Weird War

Tarzan Family(hey, they were full of monsters too) 893applaud-thumb.gif

Plus #1 issues of Spider-Woman and Ka-zar. thumbsup2.gif

And finally, an issue from by favorite title - Tales of Suspense cloud9.gif

tos89.jpg

Well I got part one of part two Friday and I opened it up since in Poland St Nick loads up kiddie stockings on Dec 6th. shy.gif

Well brokeoncomix sent me a small stack of comics including some modern Batmans and two nice 20 cent DCs including a childhood fav of mine, Superman #276!!

Superman_276.jpg

Captain Thunder ... hehehe thumbsup2.gif

Thanks again Russ and I look forward to part two arriving later.

Got mine today, THANKS Brad.

Being the only non Jewish member in my family here, I will wait till Monday to open.

Gawd! Open the damn thing! popcorn.gif

K, you twisted my arm 27_laughing.gif

Two sweet 100 page DC beauties and this beauty from the "Burntboy Collection"

mysteryinspace78041.jpg

Thanks Brad, and here is wishing Santa is very good to you this year flowerred.gif

Massive props to Alecholland for the following, totally awesome, pile of goods,

First, and this is what tells me some thought went into my gift, is a trifecta of cards of my boy, that's right, Terrell Owens, not many know hes my fav player, lots of the football geeks in our fantasy pools and pick ems on the boards know I'm a 49ers fan, but very few know I've supported T.O. since he was a 49er, so this totally took me by surprise and is greatly appreciated.

Take that FFB poke2.gifwink.gif even though you live closer to the old Candlestick then I frown.gif

TO%20Baby.JPG

Next up, I always ask in my SS list for something new to read, something I don't collect, sometimes you don't know when you are missing some really good reads, I'm the same, I always try and turn people on to new things, so with delight I get a nice Showcase Presents: The Unknown Soldier which is great because a close friend, who is a huge war fan, always tells me about how good the old war books are, and that's his main collection so when I called him up he was just as stoked as I that I got this because he has the originals and they are some of his favorite reads. I'm really looking forward to digging into this over the next few weeks.

Unknow%20Soldier.jpg

Next up, as Nikos can attest, I'm a hugh fan of Tom Lyle and his O/A, I have close to two dozen pages of his art from all kinds of books so I was totally jacked when I opened this, a page from Mutant X, like really, I'm beside myself as I think this is beyond amazing to be getting all this from one secret santa

Mutant%20X%2023-15.JPG

And finally, as if all this wasn't enough, Erich is an artist himself, which he should be showcasing more because he is *spoon* great, well he felt that you can't have Christmas without Spider-Man so he did his own sketch that blew me away. This is only the second "personalized sketch" that I have in all my art, so this one is going to be a nice feature piece.

SpideySketch.JPG

And like Erich said in his note, they aren't snowflakes, they're webflakes thumbsup2.gif

So a huge thank you goes out to one the good guys who should be posting more. All this stuff just made my day, and let me say it wasn't a good day at all so this was an awesome thing to turn my frown upside down.

Alecholland is the man, and good things always come to those who deserve it, good wishes to him and his family for a safe and happy new year.

Again, thank you very much. cloud9.gif

Shawn,

I'm glad you liked everything and hope you had a great holiday as well. If I'd have known you would post that Spidey drawing blush.gif, I'd have done more than just a quick sketch, but I'm really glad you like it. yay.gif

Thanks for the kind words,

Erich

I received my CGC Forum Holiday Raffle prize from Greggy. You may recall that he donated, "some junky books to this raffle. What it is depends on what I feel like dumping when the time comes."

Well, they arrived Friday and I my first thought was, "Holy Spoon" when I saw that the customs form on the box listed the contents as, "38 comics" I have been reading all weekend when I wasn't feeding, changing, or otherwise caring for my 3-month old son. Thank you so much for all these wonderful bronze-age books: Here's the breakdown: Uncle Scrooge 28 (silver age), 72 & 202, Where Monsters Dwell 28, Chamber of Chills 16 & 20, Giant-Size Conan 1, Two-Gun Kid 110, Western Team-Up 1, Kid Colt Outlaw 130 (silver age), Harvey 3, Chili 22, 24, 25 & 26, Millie the Model 202, 203, 204, 206, & 207, Li'l Kids 11 & 12, Li'l Pals 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 (the complete run), and some of those sweet DC 100-pagers that Greggy is famous for: Action 443, DC Super Spectacular 15, Brave & Bold 112, 114, 115, 116 & 117, Detective Comics 438, 442, 443 & 445.

I have read the Scrooges, the monster books, the westerns and the Conan so far. The Conan is in sweet shape (9.2-9.4). In fact, most of the books are at least fine condition and all the DC 100-pagers are VF or better (some are waayyy better). I'll read the Chilis Millies and Kids next and save those beautiful 100-pagers for the finale.

I posed the question in the "Ask Greggy" thread about whether there is a Santa Claus and he told me, "only until 12." But, there is a Santa Greggy and this year he came to my house.

Thank you so much Greggy for adding to what has been my best Christmas ever. I know you don't care for Graemlins but 893applaud-thumb.gifacclaim.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I have read the Scrooges, the monster books, the westerns and the Conan so far. The Conan is in sweet shape (9.2-9.4). In fact, most of the books are at least fine condition and all the DC 100-pagers are VF or better (some are waayyy better). I'll read the Chilis Millies and Kids next and save those beautiful 100-pagers for the finale.

Bah. I would have sent 9.6 to 9.8s makepoint.gifgrin.gif

Santa has landed.. And whoever said good things come to those who wait was not kidding.

I told Adam I liked MCIC and Marvel Tales among other things, I cannot resist the idea of a 25 cent book with 4 classic stories in it, as a kid I would have bought these monthly.

Every issue you sent me Adam was an issue I did not own. How did you know?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You did great, I am thrilled.

Ze-

present-1.jpg

Just got my secret santa package two days ago...

Thanks to Ze-Man (Kenny) for finding out what happened to it!!!

Thanks to Scottish (Dave) for shipping it out to me!!!

And finally, thanks to my secret santa otherworldsj33!!!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I received many awesome books including a beautiful F/VF copy of White Princess of the Jungle # 5 (GA)

NM copies of Detective 464 and Marvel Spotlight 29 headbang.gif

Very nice copies of Swamp Thing # 1, PPSS # 8 and 26 (Miller Daredevil cloud9.gif)

A VF+ copy of TTA # 90....

AND a very solid copy of Iron Fist 14!!!!! yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

that plus a bunch more!!! Over 7 pounds of comics!!!

Thanks so much!! It was definitely worth the wait!!!!