• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Sell Your Comics To Pay a $10K Vet Bill?

133 posts in this topic

Like was said, to each his own.We all feel differently on this sensitive subject.

Than to some,there is nothing sensitive about it.

Here here, let's move on already.

I would rather read about a tribute thread for those who love their dogs, then a thead about what value we might place on them, or lack thereof . Then again I am biased.

I am one of the lucky ones who has not just a pet, but a companion. She is as smart a being as I have ever met, and more loyal then most. To talk about what, or how much value I place on her makes me physically ill. She is a pain in th butt, she tasks me so.. but I still love her.

Whoever said it is better to have loved and lost was not far off. While I may mourn her loss when she goes, the memories that remain will far outweigh my own personal grief. And will get another dog when she passes..

Sydney was the runt of her litter because her fur was not considered correct. We did not care. She has since won over 10 dog trick contests,loves to bite brooms, lawnmowers, and rakes., visited kids and the elderly in hospitals. Fetched every newspaper, and item of mail delivered to us and been as worthy a friend as I could ever hope for, and I have a lot of friends.

I waste money on myself, comics, food travel. If I could help Sydney out, if it would help her live a fuller life. I would not hesitate to help her, I owe her that. That I suppose was the obligation I took when I brought her home. If I am broke and she is in pain.. I would help her out by putting an ease to her pain. It is a simple thing, compassion.

hatesmower.jpg

sydwiff.jpg

sydsitting2.jpg

sm.jpg

walkingsydneysm.jpg

cornsydney.jpg

Ze-

Here are some things that humans do that dogs don't

Humans grow up and become fratboys , rapist, serial killers, suicide bombers, terrorist, religous finatics, pro-life advocated, baby makers, burglers, bank robbers and many more horrible things.

The last time I checked dogs haven't raped women, started wars, strapped bombs on to blow themselves and others up, robbed banks, or found religon . Animals are better. I find it sick for people to think humans are the superior species. This is just as bad as racisim.

Sorry Kris, but how does finding religion make you a bad person?

Wow - I'm a fratboy and I haven't done any of that other stuff..., confused-smiley-013.gif even the harsher crimes, like finding religion. Which fraternity/fraternities were you blackballed from?

I was never blackballed from a Fraternity. I would never join one. Fraternities exhibit mob mentality. If you haven't heard your IQ level drops dramatically when you are in a large group of people. The reason I hate fratboys is two of my friends were gangraped by fratboys. This may be the exception and not the rule but I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise.

Sorry but your comments indicate you need some help - I emphathize with your gangraped friends, but that was never my college or after experience. I was (and still am) Delta Tau Delta in the Greek Fraternity system, and my wife was/is an Alpha Delta Pi. I have been a member of the B.P.O. Elks for the past 16 years - the Elks strive to do good and charitable things for all mankind, including yourself - sorry you hate us for that mob mentality of a common ideal of doing good.

This Sunday, I am chairperson for our local Elks Kid's Christmas Party, as I have been for the past 14 years, which offers games, prizes, pinatas, root beer floats and a chance to meet Santa Clause - a wonderful and free event for all children within our small community.

Unfortunate things happen in the general population - whether you are rich or poor, fraternal or independent, *spoon* or *spoon*, religious or agnostic or atheist, animal hater or animal lover. I suggest you get off your computer and meet and interact with your fellow - man / woman, and find out what life is all about.

I think animals have a higher value/worth than some people.

That's the biggest load of *spoon* I have read in a long time.

Really? I wouldn't have to look much past the local prison to think that at least a few animals contribute more than some humans.

There's a difference between contributing and value. However, when you go into the realm of placing value on life and saying animals are worth more than some people, then what is the measuring stick of that value?

Really? I wouldn't have to look much past the local prison to think that at least a few animals contribute more than some humans.

There's a difference between contributing and value. However, when you go into the realm of placing value on life and saying animals are worth more than some people, then what is the measuring stick of that value?

I am not going to argue semantics. confused-smiley-013.gif

Semantics or not, I agree with that. Unfortunately, lot of people display behavior unbecoming of an animal, let alone an animal that can think.

On the subject even though late: the dog seems to have a bandage on the feet, how does an injury like that cost $10k?

Semantics or not, I agree with that. Unfortunately, lot of people display behavior unbecoming of an animal, let alone an animal that can think.

On the subject even though late: the dog seems to have a bandage on the feet, how does an injury like that cost $10k?

The bandage is for the IV? confused-smiley-013.gif