• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Adult Fantasy

45 posts in this topic

For everyone to see without a download...

randompic.jpg

What's this pic from?

Twilight Zone with Burgess Meredith.

I'm a big fan as well.

Should I? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Oh, what the heck!

These Covers are fantastic!!!!

Or are they just ... amazing? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

BTW, Welcome to the Boards! hi.gif

It's not the Twilight Zone - it's the 1962 Naked City episode "Hold For Gloria Christmas." Included on one of the single-disc DVDs, though off-hand I can't recall which.

That episode's Original Air Date: 19 September 1962.

Thanks for the correction!

This is Ditko at his all-time best. Each story is a gem... ok, there are some hits and some misses, but when it clicks, reading them is like watching you favorite Twilight Zone episode.

Why dosent someone at Marvel devote an entire Masterwork edition to AAF? I would love to see them re-colored and cleaned up.

Bill

This is Ditko at his all-time best. Each story is a gem... ok, there are some hits and some misses, but when it clicks, reading them is like watching you favorite Twilight Zone episode.

Why dosent someone at Marvel devote an entire Masterwork edition to AAF? I would love to see them re-colored and cleaned up.

Bill

I'd rather see them in a TPB with regular newsprint and the four-color printing process with the original colors. cloud9.gif

Bill

I wondered why they started the Atlas Masterworks with TTA 1-10 and then TOS 1-10 when they could have done Amazing Adventures 1-6 and Amazing Adult Fantasy 7-14 first in one book -- what a way to kick it off that would have been!

Hopefully they still will do such a volume. Send those letters in to Marvel.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Yeah I'd like to see those reprinted in a volume or two as well.

However, I'm also in favor of reprinting them with original colorization. Some of the stuff that gets reprinted and re-touched doesn't look as good to me as the original works. Doing it on newsprint would be a nice touch, but given how much is going to be charged for the book, I think they'd get alot of complaints from people feeling "ripped off" because they don't get it.

The DC Archives do it right. It's a matte high quality paper, that gives the same overall look as the original books without that artificial glossiness that the Marvel Masterworks have. Take a look at one of the Archives if you haven't already.

Red

Bill

I'd rather see them in a TPB with regular newsprint and the four-color printing process with the original colors. cloud9.gif

Agreed, original colorization is best. I need to find a nice cheap low-grade reader set of these. Then it's original coloring + old comic scent cloud9.gif

Or I just need Adam to bequeath his lovely copies to me.... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

I think Marvel did a great job reprinting the Ditko stories in the TTA and TOS Masterworks editions. I have all of the AAF series and the color quality is standard for that era. I think it looks crisper when the off-white/cream whites are replaced with a brighter white. It give the reader a feeling how it looked after it was just colored.

Yeah I'd like to see those reprinted in a volume or two as well.

However, I'm also in favor of reprinting them with original colorization. Some of the stuff that gets reprinted and re-touched doesn't look as good to me as the original works. Doing it on newsprint would be a nice touch, but given how much is going to be charged for the book, I think they'd get alot of complaints from people feeling "ripped off" because they don't get it.

A) You could explain at the beginning of the book why you're using newsprint and original four-color coloring.

B) A book like this would cost a lot less than one done in Masterworks style. If someone still feels ripped off, that's their problem and they don't have to buy the book in the first place. You're never going to please everyone.