• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who owns the bulk of the Church books now?

52 posts in this topic

Who is the dentist?

-Chris

Whenever someone refers to him as "The Dentist," I can't help but think of...

Marathon_Man2.jpg

IS IT SAFE? devil.gif

On the Metropolis website, they have 519 Church books listed for sale. This doesn't include the Pep copies that aren't for sale.

At present, we have about 2000 Church copies. And would like to buy another 2000.

S

hail.gif

On the Metropolis website, they have 519 Church books listed for sale. This doesn't include the Pep copies that aren't for sale.

At present, we have about 2000 Church copies. And would like to buy another 2000.

S

893whatthe.gif I guess that answers the original question. (I have about 2 copies.)

Who is the dentist?

-Chris

Whenever someone refers to him as "The Dentist," I can't help but think of...

Marathon_Man2.jpg

Actually, based on my most recent (and distant past) dealings with Mr. Anderson ('thebigloo' on ebay), this photgraph is very representative of how I usually felt after a transaction with him.

STEVE

S

Perhaps you should have outbid Steve G for all those McLaughlin Church books in September. poke2.gif

S

Perhaps you should have outbid Steve G for all those McLaughlin Church books in September. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

And Chuck suppposedly hung on to quite a few of his favorites.

He held onto the Spirit issues from the collection.

Also the All-Negro 1.

I thought Metro had the MH All Negro from Overstreet's collection a few years ago. confused-smiley-013.gif

I own five (thats right, five!) Mile Highs. Not sure how this thread managed to go so long without somebody mentioning this... confused-smiley-013.gif

By the way, does anyone know who owns the most Mile Highs? Would it be Verzyl, Anderson or Metro?

I own five (thats right, five!) Mile Highs. Not sure how this thread managed to go so long without somebody mentioning this... confused-smiley-013.gif

By the way, does anyone know who owns the most Mile Highs? Would it be Verzyl, Anderson or Metro?

My guess would be Geppi owns the most, particularly after winning so many of McLaughlin's copies recently. Probably followed by Verzyl, only because if he really owns all the Church Timely's he's reputed to own, that would add up to a big bunch of books. I would guess in terms of sheer quantity Anderson doesn't rank up that high, but in terms of quality he's at or near the top.

I would be more curious about collections where ownership has been much less publicized. Who owns the bulk of the Reilly/SF books? How about the Allentowns?

My guess would be Geppi owns the most, particularly after winning so many of McLaughlin's copies recently. Probably followed by Verzyl, only because if he really owns all the Church Timely's he's reputed to own, that would add up to a big bunch of books. I would guess in terms of sheer quantity Anderson doesn't rank up that high, but in terms of quality he's at or near the top.

I would be more curious about collections where ownership has been much less publicized. Who owns the bulk of the Reilly/SF books? How about the Allentowns?

After 15+ years of research I only know of 180 or so SF books. I don't think there is a "Bulk" anywhere. Even McLaughlin's massive collection afforded only a small handful. If there is a large accumulation out there it's a heavily guarded secret!

West

After 15+ years of research I only know of 180 or so SF books. I don't think there is a "Bulk" anywhere. Even McLaughlin's massive collection afforded only a small handful. If there is a large accumulation out there it's a heavily guarded secret!

West

Exactly. That's why I'm more intrigued by who owns these top-tier, but less well known, pedigrees.

West

West I thought there was thousands of books in the Reilly collection that some say rivalled the Church collection in some aspects. confused.gif Did all these books get dispursed all over the place years ago?