• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC 100 pagers
3 3

1,414 posts in this topic

you sound like a seller......

Yes Panzera, you certainly do sound like a seller. The 9.8's in this Comiclink auction are not the hot 100 page books....In fact I would have to classify them as real yawners (makes me tired just thinking about them zzz

I personally would not go higher than $600 for any of them. Obviously there people out there who might pay more than me, but $1,500 :screwy:. Hell, $1,000 is :insane: for these titles. But what do I know?

By the way, no one has ever paid $1,500 for a DC 100 pager outside of Love Stories #5.

Panzera -

If the "big four" don't bid, you may not see $400.

Now must be a good time for me to join the 100 page melee. :juggle:

Sweet, I'll get the books cheap.

Panzera -

You wish.

Massive bidding powers, activate!

:( Damn, I thought I could use this opportunity to start a dupe set. :(

Panzera -

You wish.

Massive bidding powers, activate!

:( Damn, I thought I could use this opportunity to start a dupe set. :(
:whistle:

you sound like a seller......

This Comiclink auction is a no reserve auction, yes?

If I'm a seller, why wouldn't I place a bid on my own book for the minimum price I am willing to sell it for, effectively creating a "reserve"? (shrug)

Second, the thing I hate about the registry is that anyone (like Panzera) can see what books I need. What is to stop a seller with knowledge of who needs what from driving the price up higher by bidding on his own books?

Second, the thing I hate about the registry is that anyone (like Panzera) can see what books I need. What is to stop a seller with knowledge of who needs what from driving the price up higher by bidding on his own books?

There isn't. That's why it extremely stupid to advertise what you need in this hobby...especially with something like the registry. If you want to gloat, that's fine but do it after you have the comics you need...

Jim

There isn't. That's why it extremely stupid to advertise what you need in this hobby...especially with something like the registry. If you want to gloat, that's fine but do it after you have the comics you need...

Jim

Hater! :P

Jim

Who's hating? People need to look no further than see what happened to Ian...

But then again I may punish bid you all just for having such sweet 100 pagers... :insane::P

:jokealert:

Jim

Edited by awe4one

Jim

But then again I may punish bid you all just for having such sweet 100 pagers... :insane::P

Jim

He had a big mouth. I do my best deals in stealth mode behind the scenes.

Jim

Jim

I have no idea why I ever entered my books in the registry. I don't even have anything worth gloating about!

As far as punishment bidding, I think joker and greggy (and maybe panzera if he is the seller) will punish each other just fine! :hi:

Jim

It's a double-edged sword, b/c it's also helped in getting missing books I've needed as well. Don't forget, you can also obfuscate the registry so it can be helpful as a tracking/inventory tool without "Gloating" to anyone about your collection.

Back to your regularly scheduled Wonder Woman fantasy. :doh:

Jim: That Olivia gif still brings a smile!

It's a double-edged sword, b/c it's also helped in getting missing books I've needed as well. Don't forget, you can also obfuscate the registry so it can be helpful as a tracking/inventory tool without "Gloating" to anyone about your collection.

True...but most just throw it all up and then talk about overpaying for what they're missing...or just overpay to further spice up their listings.

Don't get me wrong...they're your comics and do whatever you want. But I bet it's cheaper to stay pretty mum about the whole thing until you finish the run...

And yeah...I still get a kick out of that Olivia animation... :grin:

Jim