• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So this is the new FF...

27 posts in this topic

Why are we all prejudging? I just care if the writing is good which it hasn't been for a couple years now.

Point taken, but I'm prejudging because it's an obvious ploy (and not even an original one, at that). We all know that eventually the original fab four will reuinite. It's just a question of how long Marvel's going to play their latest little game. So, really, how is this going to make for suspenseful, engaging reading?

Why are we all prejudging? I just care if the writing is good which it hasn't been for a couple years now.

Well the writer failed right off the bat picking that team to write smile.gif

Point taken, but I'm prejudging because it's an obvious ploy (and not even an original one, at that). We all know that eventually the original fab four will reuinite. It's just a question of how long Marvel's going to play their latest little game. So, really, how is this going to make for suspenseful, engaging reading?

I couldn't have said it better myself.

I'd rather Marvel focused on giving us great memorable stories with Reed, Sue, Johnny, and Ben instead of giving us short-term gimmicks that will be immediately forgotten.

For me, the Panther & Storm combo has been lame since they first brought it up. This is just another layer of lameness in that category. I guess black heroes have to marry within the same race! DOH

Anyway, I would have been more interested in Black Panther and someone in place of Storm. Someone that opposed Civil War so it would have fit nicely.

But as someone else mentioned, it is all gimmick and therefore temporary. Kind of a bit too soon after the radical Avengers vamp (which we're likely to get a secondary dose of that very soon too).

Pat

C'mon P I don't think too many of us are jumping out of our seats when we look at this lineup and the artwork reminds me of 90's drek all over again. Will be hard to pick this up. The FF series hasn't been "really good" since the late 200's (unfortunantely). I use to buy this series religiously when I was a kid and now I barely give it a thought. frown.gif

C'mon P I don't think too many of us are jumping out of our seats when we look at this lineup and the artwork reminds me of 90's drek all over again. Will be hard to pick this up. The FF series hasn't been "really good" since the late 200's (unfortunantely). I use to buy this series religiously when I was a kid and now I barely give it a thought. frown.gif

Bring back Mark Waid! headbang.gif