• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Useless question about Booster Gold and Superman

6 posts in this topic

Booster Gold #6 appears to be the first appearance of the post-Crisis Superman. Supes meets Booster for the first time and he has never seen a Legion flight ring before. This was a couple months before Byrne's Man of Steel.

The letters column in subsequent issues makes it clear that Booster's adventures are all post-Crisis and that he never existed in the multiverse, even though a couple elements of the pre-Crisis world showed up in the early issues (like Jimmy Olsen working at WGBS).

Have I spent too much time reading 20 year old comics? How do I get my epic discovery recognized by the community as a whole?!? acclaim.gifconfused-smiley-013.gifstooges.gif

One revision to Byrne's Superman was that he was never Superboy and thus had never been in or met the Legion. The Pre-Crisis Superman had met them dozens of times. Therefore this appearance is the Byrne Superman, but this book came out after Crisis but a few months before Man of Steel #1.

My question was, shouldn't this issue be regarded as the "first appearance" of Superman, in the same way that a big deal is made over the first appearance of Spidey's black costume?