• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Target Comics

68 posts in this topic

I know they've already been posted, but here's my copies.

1541985-Target5.jpg

GREAT copies WP!! Love the #5 and #7 (which are the only TARGET's I own at the moment, although my #5 is no where NEAR yours... that must have been a fair chunk of change!! I have to say I'm sort of surprised at how much the #5 runs for ... is it mainly because of the first Spacehawk? It is a nice issue).

The Everett covers of the run are some of his nicest from that period IMO ...

Nice material Weird Paper... thnx for sharing! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Here's Berk's lovely issue 6 again:

1541633-target6.jpg

In Overstreet it lists this book as the first letter column in comics?

I don't know if that's one of their planted "fingerprints" for copyright purposes, or if they just got some bad ju-ju from somewhere, but there is no letter column in Target 6 (and least not in my copy - anyone else verify?).

STEVE

I know they've already been posted, but here's my copies.

1541985-Target5.jpg

GREAT copies WP!! Love the #5 and #7 (which are the only TARGET's I own at the moment, although my #5 is no where NEAR yours... that must have been a fair chunk of change!! I have to say I'm sort of surprised at how much the #5 runs for ... is it mainly because of the first Spacehawk? It is a nice issue).

The Everett covers of the run are some of his nicest from that period IMO ...

Thanks. The 5 and 7 were both bought from the same guy about 11 years ago. The 5 is an unrestored CGC 8.5. The 7 is restored (the only book I've ever had restored) and uslabbed.

The price bump for both those issues is because of the Wolverton Spacehawk--1st appearance in 5 and only cover on 7.

You'll get no dispute from me on Everett. He sitteth at the right hand of Kirby, Eisner and Fine.

I've got about 20 Church books from the middle to later part of this series that I'll post in this thread eventually, provided I survive the holidays.

One of these days, we should start a thread "Larson copies only". Be a great way to see how many of the 1000 we could get to....jon

You know, that's an excellent idea...might be able to piece a part of the collection back again.

I have about 5% (50) of the Larsons...I'm guessing you're about 15-20%?

STEVE

Exactly ...about 160 or so....

One of these days, we should start a thread "Larson copies only". Be a great way to see how many of the 1000 we could get to....jon

You know, that's an excellent idea...might be able to piece a part of the collection back again.

STEVE

I think that would merit instant "Thread of the Year" consideration. hail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

While I can't speak for all the younger GA collectors on this board, I know I haven't had many first-hand experiences with Larsons simply because they rarely come up for sale and are generally buried in long-standing collections.

It would be great to have a "virtual museum" in the form of a thread of one of the best GA Pedigrees around.

STEVE

i'm really distressed to learn that some of you have more than my SINGLE LARSON COPY!!!!!!!!!! [it is a good one, tho']