• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Might possibly resub a book but have a question

11 posts in this topic

I have a book that is a 9.6 that I called on today to get the graders notes.

The only note was "bend on upper left back cover that does not break color"

and that's it!

Now, obviously the only reason I would consider resubbing is because I'm looking to sell the book but here's my question:

Worthwhile to chance a resub and hope for a 9.8? or even better?

I guess I'm not really even sure why that being the only "defect" garnered a 9.6 anyway.

I have a book that is a 9.6 that I called on today to get the graders notes.

The only note was "bend on upper left back cover that does not break color"

and that's it!

Now, obviously the only reason I would consider resubbing is because I'm looking to sell the book but here's my question:

Worthwhile to chance a resub and hope for a 9.8? or even better?

I guess I'm not really even sure why that being the only "defect" garnered a 9.6 anyway.

It's impossible to say without a scan, but from the sound of that defect, you won't get a 9.8 out of it.

I thought they didn't have graders notes on 9.4 and above (or was it above 9.4)?

Was I incorrect or has this policy changed?

That's not a concrete policy. Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.

Well, there is no way that a scan of the graded book is going to show anything because to the naked eye I see nothing!

I'm wondering if being in the slab has helped straighten it out any? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You have to find out if it breaks paper. If it doesn't then it can be pressed out.

Why would there be no notes on the 9.6 or betters? Wouldnt there have to be on everything but a 10 to explain why it isnt a 10?

Especially when there have been so many resubs going from 9.2/9.4's to 9.6/9.8.

Why? You want to know why? We don't answer questions that start with why. sumo.gif