• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: 360 Wii PS3 Which Ones Brings you Christmas Glee?

80 posts in this topic

Come on October, forget about Detroit, Boston is where it's at! Tony Armas and Ellis Burks on the bench!?! With a few simple replacements that team is the strongest from top to bottom AND they have the Rocket!

Jay

Boston is very good, I will give you that, but Detroit has home run capability all through the order. Evans and Fatty Matty Nokes? Forget about it!

Clemens is great though. He can last 6, 7 innings if his fastball is used sparingly.

lol, Fatty Matt Nokes!--I can't really remember George Kell or Al Kaline referring to him on Tigers baseball with that comment but they probably wanted to by 1990.

Definitely going to go play now, and I'll admit I love using Detroit as well but I always hit better with the righties and Detroit had too many lefties.

Jay

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is really fun. Once you get online send me a friend request and I'll be happy to play some online with you as the co-op is great. smile.gif

You can bet I will! Although, I'm not sure if I have to wait for the online account in order to take advantage of the 3 months. There's a card that has to be mailed off and I'm not sure how it works!

yay.gif

I have the XBOX 360-here are some game recommendations:

Gears Of War - one of the best games ever made with graphics and sound that smoke anything else out there right now.

Oblivion- one of the very best role playing games ever made and incredibly long with great graphics

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter-great graphics and gameplay! The best game so far in the ghost recon series

call Of Duty 2 & 3- totally solid first person shooters with great graphics!

The XBOX 360 has a great setup with the XBOX live marketplace you can purchase movies,tv shows, and games online! XBOX live also has the best online gaming of the 3 consoles hands down. Check it out it's a great system and very user friendly! thumbsup2.gif

I can't get the video to play. Synopsis?

Girl with Glasses: I'm the PS3. My interests include WWII combat, karokee, and tackle football. I'm educated and worldy, but if you're interested in having a good time, good luck finding which buttons to push--and by the way my vibration features are disabled. I'm multi-layed..Large and in Charge. Good things cost good money, Have you ever HEARD of the Blue Ray?! It's the future!

Blonde: I'm the Wii. I like go-carts. Vroom! Vroom! All you have to do is touch me, and you'll have the time of your life! I'm just as cute as a button. I'm cheap and fun. I'm peppy!

Think of the Mac vs PC commercials. It's hilarious--and accurate.

1542032-ps3wii.JPG

1542032-ps3wii.JPG.cf5683634332e0f7d255ad51403c7dd8.JPG

I can't get the video to play. Synopsis?

PS3=Large and in Charge, lots of worldy features, vibration disabled, Blue Ray, technical blah blah

Wii--I'm fun and sexy.

Think of the Mac vs PC commercials. It's hilarious.

hehe, I did get a pic of the two girls in the video, I'm laughing already at the "vibration disabled" - must be the larger girl blush.gif

Pirate-- why the 360 over the others? (Mind you this was my choice too, but I'm still curious.)

October-- 1989 called. It wants its games back!!!! (kidding) I still like alot of the NES games. Joe Montana Football rocks my socks.

gossip.gif Joe Montana was on the Sega

Pirate-- why the 360 over the others? (Mind you this was my choice too, but I'm still curious.)

October-- 1989 called. It wants its games back!!!! (kidding) I still like alot of the NES games. Joe Montana Football rocks my socks.

gossip.gif Joe Montana was on the Sega

yep, it was John Elway on the NES gossip.gif

PS3 - grossly overpriced and you'll get dinged buying a composite cable for HDTV support, sure it's powerful (and flippin' huge) but even Sony admits that none of the release titles utilize all this graphics power. Sony has also lost quite a few exclusive software developers as they jumped ship to the Xbox 360 (Microsoft has VERY deep pockets). The PS3 controller has some similar to Wii motion detection capabilities but none of the release games support this feature which tells you how last minute the decision to include this feature was.

XBox 360 - MUCH less then a PS3with more games then any of the other consoles. With the Xbox it's all about Xbox Live. So far none of the other platforms support online gaming in such an integrated way (Some Sony PS3 games will not support the Sony online service!!)

Wii - priced so low it's a no brainer. Almost every hardcore gamer that I know is going Xbox 360 or PS3 and has said they will also pickup the Wii. The new controller and how effectively games utilize it spells FUN.

Anyway you go remember that the big studios like EA will release versions of thier games on all the systems.

For me, the Wii for the kids and I'm sticking to my Xbox until the Xbox 360 drops in price. I'm positive I'll pickup a few Wii titles for myself as well.