• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Comic Age do you Focus On?

What Comic Age do You Collect?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. What Comic Age do You Collect?

27 posts in this topic

I grew up on silver/bronze/copper superhero books and still love 'em, but once I discovered Golden Age (about 8 years ago was when I started getting serious about it) there was no going back. The history of it all, the wild variety of genres, and the fun of uncovering new eye-popping covers even years into the hunt, continues to keep it fresh.

GA for me... yay.giftakeit.gif

I voted SA! yay.gif

Alas I still can't see any results on these polls... sorry.gif

Why not? It's so easy even a caveman could do it.

Here are the results so far...

Users may choose only one (44 total votes)

Platinum 0 0%

Gold 16 36%

Silver 13 30%

Bronze 9 20%

Copper 2 5%

Modern 3 7%

I don't collect comics, I just smoke crack 1 02%

GOLD RULEZ! 893applaud-thumb.gif

And why the hell am I up at 5:49 AM?! frustrated.gif

I voted SA! yay.gif

Platinum 0 0%

Gold 16 36%

Silver 13 30%

Bronze 9 20%

Copper 2 5%

Modern 3 7%

Every since the last big upgrade here 2 years ago I haven't been able to get the polls to work. Must be on my end. Probably something to do with AOL or I don't have the latest IE or whatever.

tongue.gif

I voted SA! yay.gif

Platinum 0 0%

Gold 16 36%

Silver 13 30%

Bronze 9 20%

Copper 2 5%

Modern 3 7%

Every since the last big upgrade here 2 years ago I haven't been able to get the polls to work. Must be on my end. Probably something to do with AOL or I don't have the latest IE or whatever.

tongue.gif

Dump AOL now and find a decent ISP. 893whatthe.gif

I grew up on silver/bronze/copper superhero books and still love 'em, but once I discovered Golden Age (about 8 years ago was when I started getting serious about it) there was no going back. The history of it all, the wild variety of genres, and the fun of uncovering new eye-popping covers even years into the hunt, continues to keep it fresh.

make that one more for Golden Age !! yay.gif

I am impressed! I thought for sure that Silver Age would dominate. Golden Agers rule thumbsup2.gif

This is a real close call as i focus mainly on collecting Golden age Wonder Woman and Planet Comics. However, right now I am trying to complete my X-Men collection 1-300 and need many of the higher grade Silver Age X-men.

I am impressed! I thought for sure that Silver Age would dominate. Golden Agers rule thumbsup2.gif

From what I can tell in my limited time here, the Golden Age collectors tend to be more inclined in letting people know they are in fact Golden Age collectors - which there certainly is nothing wrong with (indeed guess it could be a positive characteristic), but just an observation.