• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So what have YOU learned this year??

23 posts in this topic

I learned its much better to buy comics than it is to have to sell them, cuz I hate giving up my collection! Christo_pull_hair.gif

I learned about this board, and have thoroughly enjoyed it!

Thanks to drbanner for LMK about it!

yay.gif

I have to say, I have learned a lot this year. To wit...

1.) My wife is way smarter than me - life's been so much easier since I accepted this.

2.) Just because your neighbors are your neighbors doesn't mean you have to be friends with them.

3.) Being happy at work is as important as being happy at home.

4.) Less Saturated fat. More fibre. Avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup like the plague.

5.) Ditch the books you don't want and buy 9.4s of what you do want.

6.) Nothing - AND I MEAN NOTHING - is more beneficial to your health than a good mattress.

Shep

to always check the page quality on any book your considering buying.

and check for covers that are loose at the staples, as they may be married covers.

I also learned who Obadiah Oldbuck was, until this year, I'd never even heard of the guy confused-smiley-013.gif

6.) Nothing - AND I MEAN NOTHING - is more beneficial to your health than a good mattress.

Shep

Ours just set us back close to 3 grand 893whatthe.giftonofbricks.gif

So far it was the only one that keeps the wifey from non stop complaints of back pain 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

* The difference between collecting and accumulating

* Quality always trumps quantity

* There is a great sense of satisfaction in selling a dozen items you won't miss and buying one item you REALLY love.

* There is a very fuzzy and subjective line between 9.6 and 9.8 and it's not worth paying a huge premium for a SUBJECTIVE .2 difference that could change on any given day.

And on a personal front...

* Trust your gut #1 - Never take a job that you had doubts about prior to the offer.

* Trust your gut #2 - If all the handwriting on the wall looks bad, start looking for a new job IMMEDIATELY. Chances are it's not going to get better.

* Trust your gut #3 - Bad management will lie to your face (no layoffs, your jobs are safe) and screw you shortly thereafter.

* As long as I have my wife and daughter and we have our health, everything will eventually work out. thumbsup2.gif

* The difference between collecting and accumulating

* Quality always trumps quantity

* There is a great sense of satisfaction in selling a dozen items you won't miss and buying one item you REALLY love.

* There is a very fuzzy and subjective line between 9.6 and 9.8 and it's not worth paying a huge premium for a SUBJECTIVE .2 difference that could change on any given day.

And on a personal front...

* Trust your gut #1 - Never take a job that you had doubts about prior to the offer.

* Trust your gut #2 - If all the handwriting on the wall looks bad, start looking for a new job IMMEDIATELY. Chances are it's not going to get better.

* Trust your gut #3 - Bad management will lie to your face (no layoffs, your jobs are safe) and screw you shortly thereafter.

* As long as I have my wife and daughter and we have our health, everything will eventually work out. thumbsup2.gif

thumbsup2.gif

You know, I really am looking forward to 2007. I think I may actually organize and cull out my collection, read some back issues, and build my collection. I have not bought a back issue in 2 years.

Now, if I could only cut back my buying of moderns!!!

BTW, if you are looking for anything (shameless plug), click on my linky. Don't see it, ask as I have 20,000 not listed that need to go. I am moving and can't move this stuff!!!

After all the drama, it's still only comics.

Simple and to the point! I've got some good money tied up in my collection, but at the end of the day it's a hobby, not life and death. Let's raise the maturity level around this place in '07. Life is short - learn what's important. thumbsup2.gif

After all the drama, it's still only comics.

Love this one!!! This is my mantra for 2007 for sure.

This past year I learned to read again. I definitely went from comic book collector to comic book reader again. I stopped buying some moderns that were just *spoon* only to keep a complete run of a title. I have picked up quite a few Vertigo TPB runs and enjoying the stories and art.

I also found Original Art. Something just sooooo cool about having a piece of a comic book that NO ONE ELSE in the whole world has.

I learned some tough life lessons on the homefront and I hope I can do better the next time.