• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

Those late-run Sensations are so ridiculously undervalued in the Guide, as evidenced by the many multiples oF NM Guide paid for the Crippen VFs earlier this year. Awesome books. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yup..the prices go crazy once they hit VF. I was lucky to get these raw. I now have 2 of the 5 black covers in a really nice grade. I'm focusing on a run from 80-106 in VG+ or better grade. Slow going.

I did score this last fall. Nice copy.

Sensation105front.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif to all the AWESOME books presented in this thread.... this just made up my mind that 2007 will be the year where i will get serious about the GGA fox books that i have wanted for a while wink.gif

Thanks for the inspiration guys thumbsup2.gif

and MERRY CHRISTMAS to each and everyone of you grin.gif

I tried to decide, but I just can't. So, here are ALL of my GA purchases from '06. Maybe you guys can tell me which one's the best...

action31.jpg

I'll vote for this copy of yours -- not an easy choice as you have several similarly nice books!

2006 was a very good year for me, I think I can narrow it down to four cloud9.gif

Subby #12

sub12.jpg" border="0

I love this cover! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

There are some truly great books here ... it was a "year o' plenty"! I knocked off a lot of books from my list, but I think my favorite might have to be Silver Streak #6, in terms of rarity, content/stories, and of course, the cover:

1547800-SS%236POST.jpg

589a91dd4dd55_1547800-SS6POST.jpg.165cf1bae2d2d198d1cfe1db09490f13.jpg

Best GA Purchases for 2006!

I had to do it!!! Here is Amazing-Man #6 CGC 1.8 (Picked up last weekend!)

Nice copy of Amazing-Man Comics #5. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Hpim1547.jpg

I am blown away by this cover whenever I see it ... I LOVE that cover... in my top three GA covers EVER. (would be my #1 choice except I bought one in '05). Congratulations!!! The interior is really great too, w/ Everett, Burgos, Gustavson, Mills, etc... a wonderful pick-up!!

Is it a CLINK book? Hmmm, it would make a good companion to my AMAN #5 1.8 ... poke2.gif

Hey Steve: have you posted your top pick yet???

More best GA purchases for 2006!!

Other notables are:

Shadow Comics #1 V3

Star Spangled Comics #97 Cdn. Edition

Sensation Comics #74 Cdn Edition

Joker #23 - 1st "HEY LOOK" by Kurtzman

Hpim1569-4.jpg

Headline #1

Headline.jpg

Lawbreakers Always Lose #2 Cdn. Edition

Hpim1558.jpg