• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best GA Purchase for 2006

236 posts in this topic

This is a fun thread. Nice to see everyone so happy about their books! And man, people picked up some pretty awesome books.

Ok, you guys have talked me into showing more than one. After the Action #1, I'd have to say that these are some of my favorites:

allamerican61copy2.jpg

amazingman25.jpg

amazingmystery10.jpg

detective2.jpg

detective7.jpg

detective18.jpg

marvelmystery4.jpg

mysterymen10.jpg

silverstreak1copy2.jpg

wondercomics1copy2.jpg

Although I do have a few nifty ones not scanned yet. We'll wait until 2007 for the unveiling. smile.gif

I picked up quite a bit for 2006, but these are the two I am most happy about.

Daredevil #2

daredevil2.jpg

That's a really unusual and intriguing cover. I'm not sure exactly why either. The use of the mirror is unusual and it takes a while to figure who's trying to kill who and exactly what is going on.

Good thread, although I think it's a cop-out to post more than one book. That's the "degree of difficulty" part, picking only one. Enforces discipline, builds character, yada, yada, yada... wink.gif

For me, although I got some pretty cool books this year, there's no way for me not to pick this one:

action1.jpg

hello all...

the granddaddy of them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fabulous...I can't wait till Chicago this year, so I can view it first hand!

rick

These are the only two Golden Age Books I bought this year that I kept. Yes, I've posted them a lot and probably will again.

DetectiveComics36CGC-1.jpg

DetectiveComics37FRWrongBackCover.jpg

hello all...

post them all you want....I love them too

rick

This is a fun thread. Nice to see everyone so happy about their books! And man, people picked up some pretty awesome books.

Ok, you guys have talked me into showing more than one. After the Action #1, I'd have to say that these are some of my favorites: amazingmystery10.jpg

Although I do have a few nifty ones not scanned yet. We'll wait until 2007 for the unveiling. smile.gif

CM, those are some amazing pick ups ... your collection blows my mind!!! My fav is the AMF sci-fi Everett cover. That is just an awesome cover.

Looking forward to seeing the yet-unscanned books... popcorn.gif

detective27.jpg

hello all...

ok, my turn...an easy choice for favorite, for me...this is a "pre" restoration scan...Matt N. is working on the book now, so I hope to have a nice large "post" restoration shot soon ( I know it is neat to see the before and afters, so I had not posted this yet, this year, but it seemed fitting for this thread)....

happy holidays to all!

rick

detective27.jpg

hello all...

ok, my turn...an easy choice for favorite, for me...this is a "pre" restoration scan...Matt N. is working on the book now, so I hope to have a nice large "post" restoration shot soon ( I know it is neat to see the before and afters, so I had not posted this yet, this year, but it seemed fitting for this thread)....

happy holidays to all!

rick

Woo hoo!!!! I was wondering when we'd get to see that one!

detective27.jpg

hello all...

happy holidays to all!

rick

Woo hoo!!!! I was wondering when we'd get to see that one!

hello all...

I hope it looks as great as your Action 1!, but I know that matt will make it look great, so stay tuned for it when I get it back...

thanks

rick

I picked up quite a bit for 2006, but these are the two I am most happy about.

Daredevil #2

daredevil2.jpg

That's a really unusual and intriguing cover. I'm not sure exactly why either. The use of the mirror is unusual and it takes a while to figure who's trying to kill who and exactly what is going on.

That is exactly why I have always liked it. It is my favorite cover in the run.

Whiz #25

whiz25.jpg

hello all... hail.gif

that is one of my "grails" for 2007...great book, let me know when you are ready to sell it smile.gif

rick

Hi Rick,

Maybe we can work out a trade... I think you may have a book or two I MIGHT be willing to trade for grin.gif

Actually this book is overpriced in the guide. I paid $810 for this one before the juice, even with the buyer fees, it was less than the 4.0 guide price.

Greg